4.1 Savage runs HOT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeyers2

My 4.1 Savage was running great.. temps around 140 - 160. I installed a RD Logics Savage Twin Pipe W/Dual Stinger.. the tail pipe that comes out the back. The instructions said I would have to retune... First tank with the stinger the temp was very hot.. around 280... kept richening up the mixture... got it down to 210 - 220. At that point the screw was nearly flush like factory setting and it wouldn't shift into second gear because of no power. It seemed to like 250 - 260.. Still had smoke coming out the pipes and was shifting strong... I am scared of ruining the engine and as things are now will put the stock pipe back on. Any thoughts ???? Thanks !

my 4.1 runs 250-280 with a good smoke trail. has from the time after i got it broke in. I have not had any problems. i would say as long as you keep a good trail you should tune for preformance not temp. But like i said keep a good trail.

I would change the pipe. if you keep chaseing a tune like that you could do some damage to the engine.. (also 140 to 160 ) is too cold tems need to be at least 200!!!

My star .25 likes temp anywhere from 220 to 270. Allso my friend had that pipe on his revo, 4 stingers and I don't think it has any baffles. I don't think it gives a motor enuf back pressure,bottom end sucked,mid and high ok. Easy to dammage on a rear end landing. we concidered stopping up a few of the stingers, but ended up just changeing pipes.

yea my stock .25 don't run right unless its 270 to 290!!!

Thanks All... I am going to put the stock pipe back on and get another feel for how she feels.... maybe after a few tankfuls try the stinger again... :Xfingers:

Have a great night all !

I'm new to this, and this may seem dumb.
here it goes, what is the max temp you can go after break in, everything still stock?

There is no need to exceed 265-270....I've had mine over 300 before on accident and luckily suffered no ill effects, but I think I just got lucky. Aim for the 250-270 range...Double your break in time to be on the safe side, that's what I always do.

Thank for the tip monkey. I am getting my temp gun tomorrow via ups. When I use my friends gun, I try to keep the temp under 250, but now I'll keep it under 260. If it goes over, other than riching the high speed, from I am told, what esle can I do? Turn it off let it cool down?

hi

My stock Savage wont perform if I tune it to below 300. it still has a strong smoke trail and if I hold it in the air at full revs there is fuel on the floor from the exhaust pipe. I only recently got a temp gun and discuvered that it was running at around 320. I can still go about a full turn on the high speed before it sarts to bog like on the tuning video.

I ran my savage today, 2 tanks worth, and the temp peaked at 205. It was about 6 pm and 77 degrees outside. I had a bit of thin smoke coming out, but had that nice smell of the 20% fuel coming from the exhaust.
I am wondering if I should of leaned it a bit, for future use, but it ran great.

sounds like it was running good I would lean it out mabey a tad other then that its dialed in bud !!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back