3s LiPo opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaceracer

found a diamond in the rough on ebay today barely used savage flux hp with everything including the box I have always wanted one but by the time I was going to buy one they discontinued it. I was wanting to get some opinions on 3s LiPo purchase I'm wanting some good batteries but at an affordable price.

I have read that owners of the Flux think it is too crazy on 6 s and to stay with 4s with it, it is plenty fast and has decent runtime also....

I'm starting to see that on a lot of running videos. I owned the xs flux and ran a 3s pack and it was almost uncontrollable as well.

I have a converted savage flux hp and started out with 6s and yes it it insane. 4s would be point I fast and easier on the drivetrain although I never have a problem with the mine on 6s.

I have only ever ran my flux xl and flux cd conversion on 6s. Its crazy fun and so far (touch wood ) no breakages . Have just picked up some gens ace 5000mAh 50c which I like compared to my other lipos which are 30c ,temps a little bit better and run time up there at the 20 min plus run times.

I just bought a charger LiPo bundle on ebay from powerhobbies it came with the venom dual charger and two 3s 5300mah 50c lipos made by power hobbies and they seem to have good reviews.

Here is what I found online and bought, probably one of the best used I have ever seen

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 4
Thanks man. Ya it has a few scratches on the front bumper and roll bar and the front skid plate but all in all its clean I couldn't pass up on it.

I've only run 4S in my savage flux hp and I've busted 3 or 4 BP pinions. Be careful on your landings with 6S.

I use SMS 7200/7400 2S hard case lipos in mine. I also use their older 9000mah 2S packs, but I'm phasing those out of my rotation as they add a lot of weight.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back