30% fuel rumors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

my lhs recommended hpi pb 20% when i bought my sav. they don't carry byrons & i am going to give Trinity Monster a try. they stock 20% & 30% and I'm wondering if any of you guys can give opinion on rumors of 30% making the mill run hotter, shortening the life of the mills, etc?

Yes the 30% will make the mill temps go down. It may take a tole in life of the engine but I can't see it making much difference. I run all 30% in my stuff and love it, I definitely saw a difference when switching to it.

30% requires a richer needle setting so it does run cooler, the richer setting means more lube as well. I doubt there is much difference at all for engine life between the two. You may want to go to a cooler plug as well.

thanks guys, based on that i am going to grab some trinity monster 30% on my next trip down to the lhs.

thanks guys, based on that i am going to grab some trinity monster 30% on my next trip down to the lhs.

Trinity Monster 30% has served me well for a couple years. You won't be sorry for trying it.

I just picked up a gallon of Trinity 30% today and ran 1 tank through. I have to tune some more tomorrow since I broke the mill in with Traxxas Top Fuel 20%. (Those who read the thread "Switching Fuels" will see that I had wanted to switch from the Top Fuel to avoid OWB problems)

Everything I have ever read (and tried) about nitro and engines shows no difference in performance between 20, 25, or 30%. The plug however can make a small difference.

But maybe I am wrong.

I dug this up from the past to reach out to some of the guys who were using Trinity fuel.

frddy, X, Bad67Bird...are you guys still using Trinity 30%? If so, are you guys getting it from a LHS or online? I'm looking for it by the gallon. Any help is appreciated.

eat,

idk how far you are from conneticut, but it would be worth a road trip to grab a case from a hobby shop.

dude from CT got me a case of byron's gen 2 30% race for $99 at one of the CT places.

For all the noobs though its important that you use the right shim combo to decrease compression ratio running 30%
Check your engine manuals.

Nitro is NOT fuel. Nitro is an oxygenating agent. Nitro fuel used in RC is actually alcohol with oils and nitro mixed together. More nitro means more oxygen which results in a more complete burn and more power if your engine is set up properly.
If your manual says max 25% as HPI states you will need more head shims.
LRP and others actually state what the head clearances and shims should be for the % of nitro.
Properly setup and tuned your engine will run cooler and with more power with a higher nitro content. But more nitro also means more $$$ and a richer tune which will burn more fuel.
Here's a link that traxxas supplies with their cars. http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/TRXbreakintuningcard_0.pdf

i ran the purple pee for a long time, maybe 4 gallons on the picco. I will say it gives awsome power but does run hot. the 20% that is

Latest posts

Members online

Back