3 speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lea007007

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgSo just completed my 2 tank tick over run in few weeks ago so went out today for the 1/4 throttle 2 tanks that was successfully done moved up to the 1/2 throttle run in done a few little I mean little jumps and lost all drive stripped the centre gearbox down and not being familiar with gearbox’s I think the gear wheel on the reverse module has sheared. I don’t really know why box I have it was a eBay buy but I would love to get rid of the reverse. Can’t be up to much if it’s breaking at 1/2 power. Any ideas how to do this I’m clueless with gearbox’simage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

It's a 3 speed, the gears on the centre shaft are normally plastic except for the drive gear except on the 3 speed. The gears look good the problem is with the reverse module. From what I can see the output shaft in the reverse module has sheered where the final drive gear goes. You can find this part on ebay as I have seen it. Your best option is to bin the reverse module and replace it with the standard output shaft from a 2 speed( same shaft as the 3 speed without reverse). HPI #86081. I have 3 of these reverse modules in my Savages, 2 of which have the Mixer Pro unit fitted in the radio box and I must say they are shite. All parts for the reverse module are still available on ebay, most are in the states but all parts are now classed as discontinued. The cheapest option for repair is to buy a cheap 2 speed for around £20 and either use it complete or split it and use the final drive shaft complete in your 3 speed. The standard output shaft for a Savage whether it be a 2 or 3 speed is part No. HPI #86061 & costs around £9;00
You will also need the bearing holder from hpi kit #85044. This is the top centre item in the photo below.

1713645424012.png

HPI #86081. Standard output shaft for all Nitro Savages from the 3.5cc (bb21) to the XL 5.9
1713645531295.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back