3 speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevage

What is the difference between the savage 3 speed and the savage x 3 speed.On towerhobbies theres like a 18$ price difference.

There is no differance that I know of except for maybe the housing

Last edited by a moderator:
If i get the 3 speed kit,will if fit in my savy x 2 speed gearbox

Yes it will and it will work better in the two speed case becouse you can adjust 2to3 gear shift points alot easier

The savage X 3 speed has the easy access top that comes off without pulling the whole transmission. The normal 3 speed you have to pull the whole thing to get inside.

I also find the 3 speed in the standard gear box to be a pain, but having said that I only have to pull the gear box to adjust 1st to 2nd when I fit a bigger mill. It's just a case of tightening the screw a bit so that it doesn't change up too soon. The problem is getting it right first time !

No prob, glad I could help. And here's another bit of advise for you. When you take the third gear clutch assembly off to adjust the 1-2 shift point don't loc-tite the screws when you reinstall the 3rd gear clutch unit. Get them as tight as possible cuz it will make have to emove it again easier. Then, once you get the 1-2 shift point set, you can then go ahead and loc-tite the screws in place.

One more point-The newer Savage X SS trans is different than the standard x-more ribbing/stronger I think?Just a thought,Dave

Members online

No members online now.
Back