3 Speed Transmission Adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

letsrip

Hey guys - I am running a new LRP.32 and it is great. I am still trying to confirm whether I am hitting third gear or not, I seem to e getting about 30 mph out of the engine, at a push. I was wondering whether anyone knows the factory setting for second to third gear. At the moment I have just been trying to make it shift earlier, I am not sure if anything is happening tbh. Is there a best starting place. I can certainly hear one shift, I am not sure whether this is because fist to second is instantaneous.

I also wanted to ask, when you adjust the third gear from the side holes, what does the second hex screw do, the one above the adjustment for the gear shift.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The best way I've adjusted the shift points is to lock out 3rd gear by turning the screw all the way in. The doing the same for the 1-2 shift then backing out about 1 1/2 turns. Run the truck for awhile and see if it shifts. If not, shut the truck down, pull the gears out, back the screw out 1/2 turn and run it again. Once you get the 1-2 shift where you like it, then you can work on the 2-3 shift point. The 2-3 shift point will be easier since you won't have to remove the gear set to adjust it. It's a lengthy process, but that's what worked for me. And, the top allen set screw is what holds the clutch assembly to the shaft.

I have been trying to do the same & appears to be a lengthy job of lots of trail & error involved.
I could not hear engine shift to 3rd gear until my 12yr old boy was having ago & only giving it half throttle, think the bigger engines get the rpm up so quick you don’t always notice/hear the shift point!

xtremesavage that is an awesome response thank you very much! Answered everything extremely coherently so I appreciate that. Will get to work and look forward to the results.

No problem @letsrip. Like I said, it's time consuming the way I explained how I did it, but everybody has their own way of doin things. If you do go that route, try to get the 1-2 shift point done within a few hrs on the same day. That way your workin with a more consistent tune. Then do the 2-3 shift point the same way. Some people like the 1-2 shift point mid rpm range or within the first 50 ft from take off. I set mine at the top of the rpm band cuz that's just how I want it. And always set the 2-3 shift near the top of the rpm range. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Also, check your slipper. If it's a slipping a bit, it will do so more in top gear than 1/2 gears, especially with a more torquey engine in it. If it's slipping when it shifts into 3rd, it will be a softer sounding shift (if you hear it at all), then it will likely be slipping so much you won't pick up speed, just melt the spur.

Also, check your slipper. If it's a slipping a bit, it will do so more in top gear than 1/2 gears, especially with a more torquey engine in it. If it's slipping when it shifts into 3rd, it will be a softer sounding shift (if you hear it at all), then it will likely be slipping so much you won't pick up speed, just melt the spur.

Didn't even think about the slipper. I run locked down, no slip. That's why I didn't think about it.

Buenas equipo que tal! Tengo una dudilla y es como se ajusta la 3 marcha? Es que nunca tuve 3 marchas y solo se ajustar la segunda jajaja nose si será con el mismo tornillo, en el tornillo de arriba, en otro agujero de la caja.. y agradecería mucho una manilla jejeje gracias de ante mano y saludos desde Guadalajara! España!

Latest posts

Members online

Back