3 speed trans issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeyers2

I posted this in the wrong place.. here it is again...

Hi Everyone... I am going to install the 3 speed into my 4.1 Savage tomorrow and thought I would adjust the shift points. The 3rd gear adjustment at 5 turns in was a snap.

I took the trans apart and see where the "cam" is and the set screw to adjust 2nd gear shift. How do I get the gears apart to get to the set screw? I took the snap ring of the one end and took the 2 gears off. Now I have the other 2 gears and cannot get them apart to get to the 2nd shift adjustment screw. I unscrewed both allen screws from the 3rd adjustment thinking that is how the whole thing comes apart. I still cannot get the thing to open up.... PLUS... now I have a little spring and a ball to deal with which fell out and I don't know which hole nor which order to put them back... after I figure out how to get the thing apart to adjust 2nd gear. Any help would be appreciated !!! Cheers, Steve

OK.. Some nice person wrote back... I found the buried 2nd set screw... the 2mm allen is too small, and the 2.5mm is too big... anyone know what size it is... and I still need to find out where and what order for the spring and ball!
Many thanks for your help... Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back