3 speed settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhilan

I am running a f4.6 with gear mesh 17/47 and can’t seem to get the 3 speed to shift. Does anybody know the base settings for the 3 speed using an f4.6?

Last edited:
Well I personally never saw much need of a 3rd speed, but some guys like it, as far as I can tell you seem to have the 1-2 shift set so it will be a tedious task to do 3rd gear, I would start it locked completely locked out then back out the adjuster screw out say a half turn, test and see if it shifts, if not another 1/4 to 1/2 turn and proceed till I got it where I liked it.....

you can locate manuals and things here detailing more of the procedures to setup your 3 speed ---> https://www.hpiracing.com/en/index

Setting for factory setup are.
2nd gear 4 and a half turns out.
3rd Gear 3 turns out.
Most settings say, set from flush, but easier to wind all the way in then back out by the amount of turns I have stated.
But this also depends on what clutch/spur you are running.
Also if your mill isn't tuned right then it won't shift right.

Setting for factory setup are.
2nd gear 4 and a half turns out.
3rd Gear 3 turns out.
Most settings say, set from flush, but easier to wind all the way in then back out by the amount of turns I have stated.
But this also depends on what clutch/spur you are running.
Also if your mill isn't tuned right then it won't shift right
Thanks buddy, check out my other thread where I need help.

Thanks buddy, check out my other thread where I need help.
No worries friend, Always here to help fellow Savage nutters, If you got any questions just post or message direct. Have 9 of the beasts my self including 2 savage 25s, 2 savage K4.6HO, 2 savage F4.6, 3 savage K5.9s.
2 running 3 speed transmissions & 4 with Reverse gear modules.

I love these trucks.

Latest posts

Members online

Back