2WD RWD Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonycajjo

I know this may sound silly, but i want to make a two wheel drive (rear wheel drive) savage based off the 25. i have a savage 25 and that is why i would like to get another, this way if needed i can interchange parts. i'm basically going to get a savage 25 and pull parts off as need and lock the center diff so it puts all power to the back. i'd be doing this for fun on the blacktop and to drift around off road, and so people can drive this one while i rock out on my kfx700 which is currently getting some upgrades.

any pointers on doing something like this?

While there are those who would question the logic of a RWD-only Savage (pretty hard on diffs and dogbones), the good news is that Savages have no center diff to lock. In fact, if you just pulled the front driveshaft you would be good to go in RWD, though you might as well ditch the front dogbones too. Let us know how things hold up!

good luck ive busted a dogbone on the rear before and pulld one out of the front so i could keep playing.it really sucked to me.couldnt controll it in the turns, and it didnt want to start of in the same direction i wanted to go

the more i think about it converting the savage to RWD it doesn't make sense, based on what i've read and what you siad i can see myself putting it back to 4WD after a tank of fuel.

maybe i'll invest in a firestorm or a RWD buggy.

Try it tony. I made mine front wheel drive when I broke a center dog bone. I played with it like that for a week while I waited for the bone to come in. I thought it was fun. Like larson said take out one center bone and done. All three for less drive train drag. 15 mins to put it all back in. Why not....

yea, i think i may. i'm not going to do it to my kfx, but i'll get my hands on a beat up savage 25 that someone is parting out or parting with. i have an engine and some old diff parts and some shocks and ...

looks like I'm off to ebay

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back