2008 time to rebuild (got suggestions)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

Ok this savage is two years old now been through a lot. Its been run over by a harley, smashed into a parked car, flew 10-15 feet through the air, head on crashes with other r/c trucks.. you get the point.

The drive train is mostly stock except for a couple of diff cup (new ones)
TVPs have been straightened a few times. so here is the beast.

View attachment 1175

View attachment 1176

View attachment 1177

View attachment 1178

View attachment 1179

So I'm sittin here and wondering what Am I going to do with this
I have a brand new O.S. .30 and my Platimun .28 witfh by the way is a bad to the bone motor I still have to heat the head cuz of its pinch. now mind you its got over 2 gallons run through it. very powerfull motor almost too much power or torque..breaks axels and shreads tires up.

So there you have it I know i'm going to go with New TVPS I don't really race..
I like to build tracks in places that you know you find out drivin around and set up a track and race it with jumps and such like Bash raceing Free style kinda stuff, any way if you have any suggestions on set ups.

Some problem areas to me are the Breaks and the steering if you need more photos let me know to to kinda help us both..

Anyway I know that I'm in good hands with the best here at

i would sugest the IRC extended and lcg tvp's. For the steering if you have not upgraded the servo do so also do the c-hub mod that will increase lock to lock turn. as far as breaks keep it stock and do a linkage mod (aka ofna steering mod) we all can go on and on about what you should do but its all up to you and your budget and what you are wanting to improve. Alittle more detail might help us to steer you in the right direction!!!

omg I'm not the only one running a old school savage lol yea i cant wait tell i get my innovatives tvps myself

omg I'm not the only one running a old school savage lol yea i cant wait tell i get my innovatives tvps myself

Hey i still run stock tvp's on one of my savys. the other one i run the irc lcg ext 1"rear 6mm front TVP'S. i put them on and never looked back. They are hands down a well built and strong tvp. I would never dream of buying anouther tvp other then irc. But thats just me and thats just how happy i am with IRC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here! IRC rocks! I got the 4mm basher standard length kit and the motor plate and skid that comes with it are awesome IMHO.
Dave

I'll have to go there thanks. As I said I know that the TVP's are my main concern

I'm running Hitec servos I just don't like the mounting hardwear I keep breaking the servo arms. this happens to me when I come down a hill into a turn and floor it for the jump. and the play in the front is a little loose for me.
But thats the racer in me this part of my truck is week right now. I think I might want to beef up the front with allum bulk heads and diff covers with extra thick TVP's that should do it I guess I I know what I want just really seeing if there is anything New!

anyway thanks for the suggestions I guess it really was a stupid Thread in a way.
DAVID GILMORE ROCKS!

Well I guess I would go with my PlatinumRCProducts Carbon Savage Chassis. Also, I would replace the plastic bushings in the steering with some bearings, these are 6mm X 10mm X 3mm. Also, if you don't have a hump pack you need right away. As far as better braking like said above go with the ofna style linkage.

As far as breaking servo horns just get aluminum horns, this is all I use.

Another great upgrade for you is to get ride of the servo saver on the steering servo and upgrade to the savage X cam style saver. Also replace the plastic cross linkage bar with an aluminum one like FLM or the Integy one. This will eliminate your sloppiness in the front end.

I have the bearings in the stering posts allready See I haven't seen the the FLM parts haven't had a chance to latley..Ive got Boats and Heli's that have been taken up some time not to mention the Losi..I seem to run out of personal money very quickly...lol as you may know...anyway yeah.. I have some what of a Plan just want to find the best parts for it I guess. I've seen some good stuff and bad I don't want bad so most of the time I wait untill the mod is older and proven before I shell out 150 to 300 at a time..The Truck would run just fine as is had it and Bashed the
Heck out of it. just want to build it smarter and stronger in the areas I have mentioned..

me i would just sell that truck and buy my slef a new 4.6 kit but that is me what do i know

Members online

No members online now.
Back