2006 gsx-r 750

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
Finally got sime pics of my bike on the pc. Been doing quite a bit to it since I got it a couple months ago, figured I'd throw up some pics here. I've done a lot of small cosmetic changes that you probably wouldn't notice as being different from a stock one unless your a gixxer guy but it's updated the look of the bike a lot.

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

I did Hot Bodies turn signals, red marker lights in front, CRG Blindsight billet bar end mirror on the left side, blacked out the engine block, radiator, tranny case, oil pan, rear master cylinder and water fittings with high temp paint. Had the rear sets and passenger pegs powdercoated a textured black that matches the frame very well. Lost all the factory decaling and had the silver on the tank covered in black vinyl. Then had the decals redone in a different silver. Was supposed to be more of a charcoal color but he gave me a discount since it was the wrong color, so I just used them lol. It's got an RLS pipe with a PCIII USB and I'm probably going to get a quick accel kit with a 520 chain and -1 on the front sprocket.

all you have to do now is remove those 2nd rider pegs :) and move that wear strip closer to the outside of your tires :D

LOL, the funny thing is I just put those on there. They were off when I bought it and I definitely prefer the look but I just got the powdercoating done and threw them on 'cause I got the GF a Shoei helmet (Gotta love Shoei) and we are gonna start riding now the it's finally stopped raining. I had a little time in january to ride but never really got it out of town. I'm way at the top of california and we have some of the best riding country but it rains a lot so I usually wait until we have nice days before I take it out on long rides. In fact, I haven't even been on one long ride on this bike yet! Combine the rain with work and kids and it gets hard to find the time to go anywhere very far lol.

Oh and the tires are new. Had a brand new rear on it when I bought it but a few weeks after having it I picked up a huge industrial staple so I just bought a new set. Bridgestone Battleax BT-016's. Liking them so far, they allow for very extreme lean angles. With my riding style, I hang off quite a bit, it pushes the bike upward so its hard to get to the edges of the tire on the street especially with the front! I've taken a couple 140 mph curves on this set and didn't even get close to the edge with the front. I'm sure I will when I get it out on some of the more twisty old highways we have out here. Used to run Dunlop 208's on my '02 600. We'll see how long these last.

Latest posts

Members online

Back