2 speed issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smileyman63

Hey guys, My truck stopped shifting the other day, I tried adjusting the shift and nothing. Then once about every 20 times of wot it would shift. Well today I took the tranny apart to see if anything was messed up. What I found was on gear by the adjustment thing there was only 1 pin sticking up. Is this normal? I saw a spot for another one but it wasn't there. I have no clue this is the first time I've taken the tranny apart. What should I do? I don't have the cash for a 3 speed yet so a quick/cheap fix would be good.

Thanks guys

Once my camera charges up I'll post a pic.

yeah i need to see a pic. first thing first, the most common issue when it 'was' shifting fine and then stopped is that your slipper nut loosened up. check that first.

then we'll see what the pic tells us.

yeah i need to see a pic. first thing first, the most common issue when it 'was' shifting fine and then stopped is that your slipper nut loosened up. check that first.

then we'll see what the pic tells us.

this and or the tune is a lil off its all on RPM if the motor tune lacks the rpm to shift it welll.....

Tune and slipper are good. I read tons of post on here before I tore into the tranny. It will be a few hours before I get some pics on here got stuff I have to go do for awhile. But I'll get them up tonight.

Ok guys here is the pic of the gear. You can see right by the opening for adjustments the pin is missing and a little busted up. Will that cause my shifting problems?

DSCF0231.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. Do you think thats why it stopped shifting? I have my spur gear tight and a good tune. I had some pretty good tumbles lately and thats when I noticed the shifting problems.

Absolutely, the original shifter was designed for a .21, the HD one will take just about anything you can throw at it, you'll see that the difference is night and day for strength and durability.

Thanks Robin. I got the standard part off ebay for a 99 cents so I'll just run it til I have the cash for a 3 speed some day.

Latest posts

Members online

Back