2.5R Traxxas Revo upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrome

Well I have decided to upgrade my old Revo 2.5, so today I bought a brand new Dynamite Mach 26 and the Revo big block conversion. Now I need some input on what would be a decent pipe to run on this set up? I am not racing it, just a basher. I am assuming the stock revo pipe will not work. Also I have a new tranny, RRP with hardened steel gears coming, is there anything else you guys see that I might be over looking?

Yeah I heard those are really good pipes, I checked in to them before and am not looking to spend $120-$130 for a pipe that I have to wait a month or more to get. Would rather stick with a factory made pipe, I don't race so I don't need the extra edge, just good usable power at a reasonable cost that I can order and get within a week or so, not months. Any other suggestions, how about the RE11or RE10?

Thanks!

Thats not funny. I still got in for that day anyway. Skidplate is mine.

Well I got the Mach 26 in my Revo last night, still waiting on my exhaust pipe though. It was more work than I expected, the big block conversion kit had all the required parts and everything went together good but my motor is a pull start motor, so I had to take the crankshaft and back plate off of a old Losi 454 truggy motor I had lieing around and put it in the Dynamite motor in order to make it fit. The Revo 2.5r chassis was to short to use the pull start, but I overcame the problem with the parts I already had. Now I have another issue, I have to have a bump start box in order to start my truck now, who makes a decent, reasonably priced starter box that works with a Revo?

I bought a ballistic batteries starter box several years ago for mine it has been a great box not sure if you can still get one.

Well here is my Revo with the Mach 427, now I just need a starter box So I can run it. I will have to check out the ballistic batteries starter box.

Just ordered a starter box, should be here by next week. I cant wait to get this thing going, I will get a video. This motor should show me the weak points in my set up, probably be upgrading a lot more stuff before its over but I will run it till it breaks before replacing parts. I am thinking probably drive shafts and tranny parts.

I got my Starter box Saturday. Truck fired right up and have ran 6 tanks thru it so far. Hope to get some time to start tuning it in this weekend. It runs great and seems like its going to be a animal. I will get some videos of it up soon. I started leaning it out a little on the 6th tank and it was pulling wheelies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back