2.4Ghz systems and digital servos???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
Ok so I took home a Futaba 3PM Tx with Rx (R603FF if I remember correctly). In the manual it said to only use this Rx with digital servos which I don't have. What are my options for running a 2.4Ghz Tx with my stock SF-5 steering servo and SF-2 T/B servo? Can I use the 3PM and just get a different Rx until I upgrade my servos or is there a different Tx/Rx combo that can use either type of servo? I'm looking for the most inexpensive route to get myself a good 2.4 system and have the ability to upgrade my servos to digital ones later. What would you guys recommend? Should I just wait until I can get a Tx/Rx and servos all at the same time?

If you look through the manual more youn will find that there is a setting to use if you are running non digital servos. It will respond a little slower than the digital ones but you can do it.

Frddy said it. Make sure you are in PPM mode. Page 53 of the manual.

Thanks a lot guys I actually hadn't paid for it yet, the guy just let me check it out. I saw that on one of the first pages and decided to wait but maybe I'll reconsider LOL.

(useful information removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
i ran the futaba 3pm with analog servos till i could save up for digital.

works fine, just make sure you run in PPM mode. https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10337

upgrade to dig servos as soon as you can tho, make a huge difference.

Sorry bro, i just read your post about 2 fail-safes and realized more info about HRS/PPM mode would prob be helpful here. I don't think running Ano servos in HRS mode is necessarily harmful, here is a excerpt from the 3-pk ad on amainhobbies:

"....In HRS mode the transmitter sends out signals at twice the rate as FM systems- a fact that the 3pk the only system on the market which can take full advantage of the speed & accuracy of digital
servos."

id link you to it, but ive lost the ability to cut/paste on this computer in my office.

i tried running my ano servos in HRS mode "to see what would happen" the day that i upgraded to digital steer & the ano t/b servo worked ok, just a bit glitchy.

but you run 2 x dig servos with a futaba in HRS mode and it makes a noted improvement in signal response time. thats for sure.

Thanks. I don't think it ruins the analog servos right away when in HRS mode but I have heard of people losing them in a short period of time and they seem to think that's why. It is hard on them or something I guess.

I don't think running Ano servos in HRS mode is necessarily harmful, here is a excerpt from the 3-pk ad on amainhobbies:

Frddyj, my SF-2 as a t/b lasted about 15 minutes before it went. It was glitchy and then just made a high pitched screeching.

I run several cars on my radio and all others were already digital and in HRS. I forgot to change it to the Savage before running it. Poof! So at least in my case is was not good.

It was great excuse to go all digital on the Savage though!

Frddyj, my SF-2 as a t/b lasted about 15 minutes before it went. It was glitchy and then just made a high pitched screeching.

I run several cars on my radio and all others were already digital and in HRS. I forgot to change it to the Savage before running it. Poof! So at least in my case is was not good.

It was great excuse to go all digital on the Savage though!

Ouch Whip, that stinks. What you think cazed it? Ive act heard a few peeps mention that it could happen.

if you used the same pack & rx dig or ano it would make sense that it cant send any more voltage to the servo, so maybe the data speed? like your asking the servo to work faster than its ability?

If I remember correctly I thought it was Larsen who explained the digital on analog servos pretty well at one point. Maybe I dreamed that, maybe I am old. Maybe both.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back