1st run on my Savage X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold

Was able to get my truck up and running this past weekend. What a blast loads of fun. At first I could not get it started the fuel was not running to the carb. Got my thoughts together switched out the fuel line and put my finger over the exhaust cranked on it a few times and finally fuel. Not knowing how this thing would sound the first time it fired it surprised me LOL. It was running tires spinning on the but not when I put it on the ground when I would hit the throttle it would die. Tried it a few times ended up flooding the motor so I took a break coming back to this forum alot. Needles set flush it started right up I had to play with the remote to get it move just right and played with the high needle and have plenty of smoke. At first it got late and was dark and ended up running it into my leg nothing big but I see why everyone mods theres it barley slowes down. The next day plenty of light and 2 tanks later I managed to run into my wifes car twice and my truck one time not always good my tire is a toyo 37inch. It flipped a few times and tore off the antenna, took out the sodering iron fixed that and run it under body now and found a shock blown . Looked like it blew the cap off but after rebuilt I found a crack in the body. So all in all about 3 tanks and alot of fun. How long do the batteries last for the steering? it started to steer like a bus.

glad to hear your having a blast,ya the stock steering servo is a bit weak for the weight of it so it doesnt turn as well as it should what i did was move the stock steering servo to the throttle-brake and bought a hitec 645mg servo for the steering and it turns great now,also the steering mod were you swap out the plastic bushings for bearings helps alot i've heard,theres a thread here somewere about it!! hope this helps a bit!!!! and if your not running a hump pack the aa's don't seem to last very long plus your only getting 4.8 volts total to the servo's were as a hump pack produces 6.0 volts and yes it does make a fairly big difference..

Last edited by a moderator:
its cool to see that your having fun with your savage. i would do everything that sadsack said cause it will make a really big difference. if your truck starded steering like a bus you might wanna check your servo saver spring and see if it has loosened from when you ran into your truck. hope this may help
derek

Thanks sadsack, I will be getting bearings and the hump pack in the future. I was thinking this could have caused my brakes to be weak to I guess when the batts started to weaken. When I bought it the steering servo had a broken wheel so the guy I got it from gave me a spare he had for a dare I say it a Traxxas. It works. Was thinking about taking the stock one and putting the metal gear in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back