$1oo for badland mt's ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xll-SavageX-llx

★ CaNaDa Eh ★
After hearing my total at Sky Craft (my LHS) for my Badland MT's i got them to order i almost fell over, :bad driver: the total was $112 bad word for 4 pieces of rubber, no i didn't pay that full price after showing him 7 sites that offer the tires for $22/ pair he bumped the price down to $5O... I would of paid the $2O shipping and still saved my money the total from Carlos RC would have been $45 w/ shipping ..
For now on I'm buying online .. that's F.U.B.A.R

ya local hobby shops are great for fuel or if you need a emergency part but other then that its ebay for me lol

O.O wow. Yea I wouldn't go back. My lhs will match Internet prices and I still don't use them for most things.

yea.....when i was looking for my second Picco my LHS wanted $359 for it and i got it online for $160 from Tower. they are the cheapest from Byron's.... i get Gen 2 33% RTR for $25 a gallon.

dang chris!! depends on the hobby shop i guess. sometimes their glow plugs are in line......

My local hobby shop stocks almost everything for the savage, and their prices are a little lower once u calculate in the shipping costs from ebay or any online site.. like 8.99 for a 13 pinion gear, thats not bad.. now they have been slacking with the newer parts, like the SHD differential gears, sway bar kits, and things like that, but they will order anything u want and usually have it within 2 days.. the only thing for me is that its about 35-40 mins away from my house

I feel you Morph'. I have to drive about 30, 35 min's to get to my "local" hobbyshop. I have to factor in gas burned into my total $ spent. 33x13 Mickey Thompson's haven't been good to me gas mileage wise.

I'm happy to pay slightly more (2-4%) local to help them stay in business. Our LHS will pricematch anyone but ebay (tower, stormer, rcplanet) but I don't always do it. They have good prices on most things I've seen. I just bought some diff bevel gears for a buck each. Who takes care of your local track(s)? If it's the LHS, don't start whining when they go out of business and you lose the track.

I'm happy to pay slightly more (2-4%) local to help them stay in business. Our LHS will pricematch anyone but ebay (tower, stormer, rcplanet) but I don't always do it. They have good prices on most things I've seen. I just bought some diff bevel gears for a buck each. Who takes care of your local track(s)? If it's the LHS, don't start whining when they go out of business and you lose the track.

just noticed this was your first post so just wanted to welcome you to the forum....

In 2005 I went to the I Hobby show in Chicago. $1200.00 for a 10 X 10 booth. Thursday and Friday are for vendors/hobby shops/distributors, Saturday and Sunday are for customers. Mr Hobby Town USA was standing in my booth, like my wheels. He wanted to know his profit margin on SPI Wheels if he were to carry the brand. I told him 30%. He kind of laughed, set down the wheel and said "we don’t do ANYTHING less the 50%." And walked away. At that moment I decided, direct sales only.

I have been bashed on web sites for selling on Ebay, saying “ Ebay is for losersâ€, calling me “Fly by nite†even saying “I wont lastâ€.

Well, this June its been 10 years.
There has been NO PRICE increase. EVER!!

I firmly believe, hobby stores don’t sell what’s best for you. It’s more like, what’s best for them. $$$
Thanks
Rick

just noticed this was your first post so just wanted to welcome you to the forum....

Thanks.

In 2005 I went to the I Hobby show in Chicago. $1200.00 for a 10 X 10 booth. Thursday and Friday are for vendors/hobby shops/distributors, Saturday and Sunday are for customers. Mr Hobby Town USA was standing in my booth, like my wheels. He wanted to know his profit margin on SPI Wheels if he were to carry the brand. I told him 30%. He kind of laughed, set down the wheel and said "we don’t do ANYTHING less the 50%." And walked away. At that moment I decided, direct sales only.

I have been bashed on web sites for selling on Ebay, saying “ Ebay is for losersâ€, calling me “Fly by nite†even saying “I wont lastâ€.

I firmly believe, hobby stores don’t sell what’s best for you. It’s more like, what’s best for them. $$$
Thanks
Rick

It's sad but there are bad apples in every walk of life.

My LHS is nice. The price that is shown on Tower Hobbies is the price you pay for most everything.

Being in retail I can understand the need for a good profit margin. Without it you can't pay the rent utilities or saleries of the people working in the store. The Internet has destroyed profit margins for everything and is the reason you see so many bussinesses failing. Not saying this is good or bad it has both sides to it. This is a quickly changing world and I fear that someday there will be no other way to get products and services other than on the web weather it be hobby stuff or your everyday needs such as milk and bread.

Thanks
Rick

Wow that sucks! Nothing like corporate greed huh? Last time I checked 30% of something is a whole lot more than 50% of nothing! I would love to support local businesses of all types but...I have 2 LHS one independant , the owner is very rude and mostly about planes and helis. The other one is HobbyTown, where the owner only seems to care about baseball cards, Unless you need a replacement part for a T-Maxx you are pretty much poop out of luck! He is more than happy to order parts for you...just be prepared to wait one to two weeks! So I feel like I am forced to buy online, which is okay until something breaks in the middle of a bash and I can't run to the store and buy replacement parts. When I win the mega millions lottery I plan on putting both out of business (i would be happy to carry SPI wheels)!

don't get me wrong guys. We need the LHS! The internet has made it real easy to skip the LHS. BUT! Any middle man between the manufacture and the customer is in business to make a profit. That is fine. You cant buy a Chevy with out one.
A LHS needs to sell at 18% margin at the very least just to keep the doors open. So the first 18% comes right off the top. The store owner now needs to order in stock, make his own house payment, the % starts to creep up. It has to, or there will be another empty building in the strip mall.

My LHS's dismissed me almost instanly walking into the store. Thats why I went to I Hobby. I wanted to go thru distrubition. They made it very difficult and were a touch on the rude side.

This is why I'm direct only! But its a lot of work. A LHS would make my life easy, but you the customer would pay more.

If you the customer is happy, I can keep making wheels. This is the system that works best for SPI. Direct.

In short, price and customer service are the two biggies. You deside which is more importian to you, spend you money accordinly.

There is room for both.

Rick

I wasn't trying to cut you down. Small bussinesses guys are not the issue it is big company's that sell on the Internet at a few percent over cost and make it impossible for brick and mortour stores to compete. Even those Internet companys can't be blamed they are just trying to put food on their tables too. It is just the way the nature of it all has evolved.

Members online

No members online now.
Back