15t Cb With A 51t Steel Spur Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAC-ISR

Anyone Tried This Combination?what Would Be The Result?I'm Going To Use The With My Sts.28 Motor?thanks

Maybe a wheelie bar could come in use if you havn't already got one as that combination of clutchbell and spurgear with the sts.28 engine will make the front end slightly twitchy i fear, i personally wouldn't do this with a 3 speed tranny as the first gear on them is even quicker than the first gear in the stock 2 speed but hey...try it anyway and see if you like it.

macsquirty said:
Maybe a wheelie bar could come in use if you havn't already got one as that combination of clutchbell and spurgear with the sts.28 engine will make the front end slightly twitchy i fear, i personally wouldn't do this with a 3 speed tranny as the first gear on them is even quicker than the first gear in the stock 2 speed but hey...try it anyway and see if you like it.
thanks for the quick reply,hopefully everything goes well with this set upwell thanks i will update on the result.thanks

EAC-ISR said:
Anyone Tried This Combination?what Would Be The Result?I'm Going To Use The With My Sts.28 Motor?thanks
I got a SS4.6 with the stock K 4.6 engine and it has a 47t spur and a 15t clutchbell.
the sts engine is way more powerful than the k4.6 so in my opinion your spur is quite big.
to do wheelies I don`t think you need to have such a big spur cause mine wheelies like crazy.
if you use a 47t spur your topspeed would increase a lot and your savvy will still wheelie like crazy.

I Don't Get It Doesn't Having More Toothe On Spur Gear Or Cb Gives U More Top Speed And Less Acceleration?

nope.
more teeth on the spur and less on the cb gives you more acceleration.
the spur/cb combo you mentioned is used on a savvy 3.5 I believe.
believe me if your engine is OK and well-tuned it will pop wheelies on command WITH a 47/15 combo, with an sts maybe even with a 47/17 combo.
I don`t know your topspeed but the SS 4.6 does 44 mph out of the box with this combo and it`s very hard to keep the nose down.
I`ve never seen a sts engine because they`re not for sale in holland but I`ve read a lot of good things and only good things about it on the forum.
it`s said to be more powerful than most other .28 engines or even some .30or .32 engines.
when are they gonna sell these things in holland.......

OH OK THANKS FOR THE INFO,HEY IF WANT TO BUY THE STS.28 IF U WANT U CAN SEND ME MONEY THROUGH PAYPAL TO ME AND ILL ORDER IT FOR U THEN WHEN I RECIEVE IT ILL SEND IT TO U ASAP, I GOT MINE W/PULLSTART FOR $120SHIPPED TO ME AND I THINKS ITS A LITTLE MORE IF U WANT THE ONE WITH ROTO BACKPLATE I THINK ITS ABOUT 5-6 DOLLARS MORE.U HAVE TO PAY SHIPPING TO SEND TO U THOUGH OFCOURSE,BUT LET ME KNOW.:cool:

thanks man I`ll keep that in mind!
I got a hellfire SS kit coming in in approx. 6 weeks and I want to take it to the racetrack.
from all what I`ve heard the sts .28 would be a nice engine for the racetrack.
you`ll hear from me as soon as I got the hellfire.

trashard said:
thanks man I`ll keep that in mind!
I got a hellfire SS kit coming in in approx. 6 weeks and I want to take it to the racetrack.
from all what I`ve heard the sts .28 would be a nice engine for the racetrack.
you`ll hear from me as soon as I got the hellfire.
OK COOL THANKS

EAC-ISR said:
OK COOL THANKS

no thank YOU!!
do you know what for example the hpi k4.6 costs around here?
at my lhs it goes for 239 euro`s, that`s about 300 USD.
that`s the average price for a .21-.28 engine around here and then you have a `normal` engine and not a collari or os engine for example, the 30vg does around 250-300 euro`s around here, at one lhs where I go sometimes they`re asking 389 euro`s for it!! that`s 450-500 USD!! insane!!
prices are rising so rapidly here in holland that I don`t think that I`ll be able to own one or two nitro cars in the future, and it`s not just the prices at the lhs, ALL prices are soaring skyhigh around here.
and I have a decent job with a decent paycheck every month. ( 1500 euro`s about 1800-1900 USD am I right? )
currently I`m thinking about getting another job, maybe being a truck-driver again.
it`s a hard job and I have to work 60-70 hours a week instead of 38 now but I`ll make an extra 1000 euro`s a month this way.
I simply DON`T want to give up my hobby because some pathetic european union wants to set an entire continent back into the stone-age.
they say that our economy is rising rapidly, now you know who`s paying for it.............

trashard said:
no thank YOU!!
do you know what for example the hpi k4.6 costs around here?
at my lhs it goes for 239 euro`s, that`s about 300 USD.
that`s the average price for a .21-.28 engine around here and then you have a `normal` engine and not a collari or os engine for example, the 30vg does around 250-300 euro`s around here, at one lhs where I go sometimes they`re asking 389 euro`s for it!! that`s 450-500 USD!! insane!!
prices are rising so rapidly here in holland that I don`t think that I`ll be able to own one or two nitro cars in the future, and it`s not just the prices at the lhs, ALL prices are soaring skyhigh around here.
and I have a decent job with a decent paycheck every month. ( 1500 euro`s about 1800-1900 USD am I right? )
currently I`m thinking about getting another job, maybe being a truck-driver again.
it`s a hard job and I have to work 60-70 hours a week instead of 38 now but I`ll make an extra 1000 euro`s a month this way.
I simply DON`T want to give up my hobby because some pathetic european union wants to set an entire continent back into the stone-age.
they say that our economy is rising rapidly, now you know who`s paying for it.............
OK THE K4.6 ENGINE I CAN GET FOR $150 SHIPPED TO ME AND THE GIGHEST PRICE FOR THE K4.6 IS $195SHIPPED AND FOR THE 30VG I CAN GET $220 SHIPPED TO ME W/THE PULLSTART ASSEMBLY.I ALSO A TRUCK DRIVER BUT I ONLY WORK 40-50 HOURS A WEEK.HOPE THAT HELPS

Latest posts

Members online

Back