1/5 scale rc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flewbyu

hey everybody was thinking about getting a 1/5 scale truck or buggy what do u think of these DuraTrax 1/5 FireHammer MT Gas , HPI 1/5 Baja 5B Buggy not sure which one to get.looking at towerhobbies thanks for any input. c.t

well not that i'm a savage guy but before i turned my savage into a 1/6th scale truck i looked at several 1/5th. the 5b wasn't out yet. they all(the ones i looked at) looked like truggies that got harder springs put on them to jack them up. also the raised the bodies up real high to get the bigger tires on them. that is what i saw. if i had a choice personal preference would be the 5b. they have aftermarket stuff coming out and nitrous express makes a spray kit for NO2 for it.

well if you ask me i would get the baja 5b its amazing speed and is made great again by HPI and m friend has one they also have a jet pro pipe to increase the performance and make it louder this car is run by a 23 cc engine.plus you don't need to woryy about running it in :eekred:

and you can get 30cc+ kits for the baja's. look like a lot of fun, a bit expensive for me, hence why i have a sav, but the 5b does look cool, sound cool and go like stink!!
:DJjam:

I have a 5b myself and love it. I had paddle tires made for it. That makes all the difference in the sand. It is completely awesome in the sand. I am just starting to put hop ups on it.

paddle tires on my Baja

I have attached a photo of my Baja with the paddles. This makes all the difference in the world. I strongly recommend getting some. I had these made for me from a friend but I hear that HPI will have paddle tires very soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Back