1/2 Tank lean issue in S-25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeepguy

Hadn't had the S-25 out in a while since getting the 4.6.. but I figured I'd get it running for my friend. So I charged everything up, and tuned it last weekend. Took it out today and noticed that halfway through, it got noticably lean. Temps close to 295F by the time I was empty.. I know there's an issue with these engines.. but are there any fixes? It's got the stock tank, and fuel lines. I have some larger fuel lines and can always get a racing tank. But I don't want to go throwing stuff at it just to find it doesn't do any good. I'm also considering porting and polishing this engine since it's got some use, and it could really use a wake up call.... I hear the temps drop after modding this motor. I'm all ears for suggestions on the lean issue. I'd prefer not to just richen it up cause it runs just right the first half a tank or so. Thanks,
Vinny

Its not just s-25, it happens to most savages due to the design of the tank. The best way to fix it permanently and completely is to do a mid-tank mod.

Latest posts

Members online

Back