086 pressure tap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinker2141

I am picking up a free ofna 086 pipe tonight but I am not sure if I can use it, when mounte the pressure tap is in between the pipe and the TVP, can I relocate the tap or is there enough clearance? or another solution I havnt thought of.:istupid:

I think I know what you mean but if I do that wont it point the stinger inboard?

damn i looked at it your right its a lft handed pipe..theres alot of guys in here that run that pipe hopefully they can shine some light on this problem for you ..I'm planning on running that pipe myself on my newest build.. so we both will be learning on this one :) sorry i wasnt of any help.. happy bashn.

I will find a way to use it, thats what I love most about the savage, if you want to mod somehting, the truck lends itself to custom work better than any other I have seen.

thanks guys, its nice to have a place like this to ask question a bounce ideas around before dropping the cash.

thats what i was saying do .. but didnt realize the nipples on wrong side.. but it works... also what fuel is that frddy ?purple?

yep its a truggy pipe but your rite lyle, any truggy pipe works fine, just flip it.

its trinity monster. i was forced to use this junk before "Someone" got off his butt & got me my Byrons Gen 2 race.

:smiliejam:

I am picking up a free ofna 086 pipe tonight but I am not sure if I can use it, when mounte the pressure tap is in between the pipe and the TVP, can I relocate the tap or is there enough clearance? or another solution I havnt thought of.:istupid:

tinker, 1 question i have is if you are running the shock set up & stock length tvps in the picture & if your planning to use the 086 header?

if so, you could run into a clearance issue that can be solved a number of ways.

yes to all of it, the pipe I am getting has a differen header than yours it not the crescent shape it has a 90 degree bend in it at both ends.

Last edited by a moderator:
i totally agree enless you don't mind throwing coin away. its always best to come in here and ask around incase the part your thinking of is the wrong one or not worth the change. everyone in here will give you straight honest oppinions on it .. we wont steer you in the wrong direction...happy bashn.

yes to all of it, the pipe I am getting has a differen header than yours it not the crescent shape it has a 90 degree bend in it at both ends.

ok, sweet, just wanted to make sure dint run into a prob & it sounds like your in gr8 shapt.

well someone is hooking you up big time with a free pipe & header that is made to fit your savage.

Here is a pic of how i have my 086 mounted..

Hope this helps you out.Sweet deal that you got hookes up with a freebie..We all love free parts..:peace:

I get tickets to hockey games ,air shows, and things like we fest(big country music festival in minnesota ) as part of my job and always have more than I can use, so I give them out and occasionaly a deal like this gets worked out.

I run it also the way it came and its fine. you can sub your spring for a piece of linkage wire and with some persuasion you can gain even more clearance if thats an issue for you.

ohhh ok i was just wondering on the fuel cause i never seen the purple juice before. and i know you use byrons :) bash on buddy bash on!

No telling fred to bash on when hes talking about me like that... :nono:

I use the purple pee right now. its not that bad, the os engine loves it. gonna grab the byrons as soon as I feel like dropping 130 on the case. thats a digi thr servo!

the 086 pipe got installed last night, holy crap it is awesome, quiet and loads of bottom end.

Latest posts

Members online

Back