086 install with FLM's and alu. mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Rollin' like a Big Shot
Hey guys,

I can't seem to find a way to mount my 086 onto my Savage. It all comes out nicely, but then the holes on the header aren't vertical. The problem is that the alu. pipe mount will only take the pipe if the stinger is facing outward, not down. This causes the header to go into the right place, but the spring mount holes aren't vertical. I still want to keep the alu. pipe mount there, but I don't mind bending the spring. The problem is that it takes a lot to bend it. If anyone can show me how they mounted theirs, it would help. Thanks!

10yfjud.jpg

2gy7wb5.jpg

Why not just pick up a straight pipe mount rod and bend it into the position that you need? I used a metal coat hanger to make a pipe mount on my MT2.

I used a metal coat hanger to make a pipe mount on my MT2.

thats how i mounted my 086 keith & keep a piece of coat hanger in my box just in case. the header is a lot shorter so i got a 2nd xhaust mount, 1 for the 086 & left the other on for my THS header for savage (which is longer) you can see both mounts in the pic VVV

The pipe that ohmy has is the OFNA 086 and is only drilled horizontally and also comes with the header that is installed in his picture. The pipe Frddyj has runs the rounded header so the pipe is shorter, and is also drilled both ways in the mounting bung. Frddyj's is the Dynamite 086 Pipe.

I have to agree with Keith's comment about getting a straight rod and using that. I tend to use a tungsten rod from our Tig welder. Works great and is very stiff (Very hard to bend).

Thanks guys! I'm gonna try the hanger.

Frddyj, did the holes line up perfectly for the shorter pipe? I tried finding two perfect holes there, but I couldn't find any.

Thanks guys.

The hanger worked perfectly. Only took a few minutes to install! I may replace it with tungsten like Larsenracing said to help improve strength.

16h5269.jpg

Thanks guys.

The hanger worked perfectly. Only took a few minutes to install! I may replace it with tungsten like Larsenracing said to help improve strength.

nice job coby. just keep in mind you don't need crazy-strength here, pipe is well protected caz the tires protrude in all directions.

truck looks sweet btw. don't forget the vids. :stickpoke:

coby you may have to lift the servo to the top of the mount too. May be a lil low like that. I'm just guessing at this point but I have mine top mounted and they are still a hair low..

I'll have to try it out. The way it is now, I don't see any problem. It's very similar the same way I had it with the X radio box. The arm doesn't look to high or low, perfectly vertical. I'm using an Airtronics 94358, but not sure if that makes any different. My TC4 requires shims for other servos to be mounted, so I'm guessing that the height of where the servo tabs are make a difference for each servo.

Members online

No members online now.
Back