"¤%¤&# did some backflips, something broke!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Revo

Did some backflips today and heard a big KLANK and had no rear drive.
Haven't had time to take it apart yet. But what is most likely to have broken?

I think it's my rear diff gears. If push it forward the engine takes for half a turn and then looses drive again.

i vote diff. any vid of them flips?

Sorry, no vids. The driving experience with this kind of power is some what new to me, so taking the time to record it has not been a priority :):)

Thanks for the advices, i will take it apart tomorrow ;)

i just blew the front diff in mine (not bullet-proof) was running pretty fast, pulled the trigger for more speed before hittin the jump & BOOM!!! lol

DSC02664.jpg

that's is a common problem. the remedy for this would be to either get the hpi bullet proof diffs or replace the broken part and shim the diffs good and you should have any problems.

now were you on the throttle when that happend ? as landing on with the throttle pinned dose that to

i know its hard to believe, but i was running flat on sat, gave it a blast of throttle to hit a jump & the diff grenaded just like that. :jamout:

hey guys, i've not been around for quite a long time.. juz wanna share dat i broke my rear diff too tho i was landing without throttle.. but the tyre was still spinning due to momentum becoz at that moment becoz i was finishing a double backflip.. and that alone can kill diff.. this one is old flux diff, not bulletproof..

anyway, i dunno if this is much concern but recently i destroyed my stock drive gear (86097) and i replace it with HD version (102514).. i juz want to suggest all flux owner to have this part as spare juz in case they explode while ur LiPo still full..

Yeah, that's the original diff for the Flux. They upgraded the newer Fluxes with the Bulletproof diff. Call HPI, and they will probably send you the Bulletproof pinion and ring gear set for free.

Yes, Bankrupter has been very helpful! This is one great forum and great members!

To top it of I now have NO rc car that are drivable! I'm waiting for the diffs on this one, my summit driveshaft broke, I need servos for my FG monster, my baja 5b has a blown tire and tonight I melted the tires on my E-revo baking them in the oven! I was going to teip the tires, but I left them in a little to long :):):):) hahahahaha

done my rear diff flipping the other day! its so annoying. Cant wait to up grade to BP's!!!!

... my summit driveshaft broke...

I keep waiting to see if someone is going to bring out steel CVD drive shafts for the Summit. I know the Revo kits don't fit because two of the Summit shafts are shorter due to the lockers. Those stupid plastic driveshafts are one reason I won't buy Traxxas stuff.

The Savage Flux is back together and are acting like a bear on steroides with this setup! LOVE IT!

Thanks for all the help!

Nice to hear your back in the game!! My flux is down due to MMM MFGR defects. Then hpi messed up and its not ordered and inventory has to be done first, This is 1 full week after they received it and I called them. They wont get to it until this coming Wednesday. So I'm out for a few more weeks .. I must say first negative encounter with HPI I ever had though! Also, Michal took full responsibility on the phone to me. No finger pointing which is good. But still puts my build out of commission for almost a month due to a defect! Had I done it id be more understanding. I STILL LOVE HPI !

Seeing as my problem could be described by the title of this thread, and I don't want to make a new one, I'll post my question here.

My Flux has been making funny light crackling noises when I give it a fair bit of throttle. I've got BP diffs, and there is no power or drivetrain slipping. When I hold it still on dirt and give it throttle, the back wheels skid but the front don't... hmm.

Sounds like one of the grub screws on the drive cups on either the trans or pinion are broken or missing.

Members online

Back