savage carnage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bifftit

Got to do a test run on a savage today.dammit, the 30Vg was runnin awesome at 50 degrees. there was lotsa standing water and snow in the yard. Plenty of mud. I like the handling of the dual shocks on each corner and that the truck isnt squishy.losi shocks are stiff, and the small aluminum ones are semi-squishy to take the small bumps before the big shocks kick in. I Need to loosen brakes up some, though, as a
Brake-tumble broke stuff.
Would i be better changing the plastic losi shock tops to metal?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    902.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 1
Metal is better for shocks, less expansion or cracking. I have the IRC losi shocks with metal tops, only ever bent a shock shaft, once. I'm curious on your shock setup. My losi setup is dang near perfect, hard to believe adding a second set of shocks would be needed.

I put the Losi shocks on 2 of my savages, and both seemed really soft and squishy. i didnt like that very much, makes for poor handling and cornering. I think my issue was that the top of the shocks sit too far away from the upright and out of the safety zone of the body-mount so over the next few days i am going to try to fab an aluminum mount to get the shocks closer to the upright and maybe try to shorten the gap between the lower and upper mount to squash the shock in some when its mounted.

Latest posts

Members online

Back