What is the best 40 series tire to run at Blue diamond offroad rc track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why 40s ? would be better of useing 17mm hex rims and hexes and going to a good racing tire from proline or the likes I'm sure somebody will chime in

plus when you step down to 17mm hexes and rims you will have a huge range of tires and rims ot choose from 40 are very limeted in selections

I run LPR's dish wheels with 1/2 offset it sure widens the trucks stance alot! with pro-line caliber VTRs, I found they hook up well on hard packed dirt tracks and when they wet it down to keep the dust down i have a hard time keeping he front wheels on the ground. i run a med compound,soft wears down to much to fast.

http://prolineracing.com/race/caliber-vtr-4.0-m2-medium-off-road-1-8-truck-tires/

http://prolineracing.com/wheels/velocity-vtr-4.0-white-front-or-rear-1/2-offset-wheels/

40's just to big and bulky for the tight twisties of a track and they seem kumzy around the jumps unless you hit them square on. with the low profile of the VTR's are more forgiving and have alot less side to side tire roll. and being a smaller tire it really lets the savy hit 2nd gear alot faster to put some speed down on the stright aways and more punch when coming off a tight corner.

I run LPR's dish wheels with 1/2 offset it sure widens the trucks stance alot! with pro-line caliber VTRs, I found they hook up well on hard packed dirt tracks and when they wet it down to keep the dust down i have a hard time keeping he front wheels on the ground.

Try sanding down the pins on a wet the track (high grip hard pack) it will make a difference of how the RC steers and responds. It should pull in the front and push from the rear real good. It will glue the RC to the ground. Use a M3 compound if you have any if not go as far down as M2. I learned this at Mugen race track.

bowties would probly do great i have the crimefighters and they like a the surface packed with a light loose surface when its blue grooved i just don't get any grip

The guy at the local hobby shop, said it would be a great Tire for the track that I want to run it at. They also said that when they asked their customers about how the tire works for them and they said it works fine.

Like I said in the previous post I just mounted on my new chance I will try out the new tires when I get a chance when I do I will post my results.

if you want 40's but don't want to go to the 23mm hubs try the tech 5 wheels for proline 17mm hub for 40 series tires i like them thats how i got my trenchers didn't want the 23mm hubs but the tech 5's allowed me to stay with the 17mm.

You know whats kinda funny? Well not funny but kind of a freaky/cool kind of conwinsadice (I can't spell LOL) :hardlaugh: Tech 5's are exacly what the guys at My LHS reconmennned.

Thanks for the suggusted any way!!!!!:beer:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back