TVP Clearance issue with LRP .28 and 16/52 gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
Cant's quite get the gear mesh right on this. Has anybody got this combo to work on an XL with stock gearing? Should I dremel a little or just change gearing? If I change gearing I'm gonna have to order it because my LHS has none in stock. Any tips?

are you using machine head screws on the motor mount on that side?

if yes, switch to button head & they might slide right under

worked on my flms.

Button head on chassis side like fred said. You can also switch to a 47/17(18,19) etc gearing. On the stock LRP the 19 tooth will be a bit much. 18 should be good, 17 will be a bit wild.

Sorry, the screws do fit under the TVP's but the issue is the backplate on the motor. All I need is like another millimeter for the gears to mesh ok. Do you think if I just barely dremeled a half inch spot on that area of the TVP it would weaken it that much? Imean with the whole TVP mounted to the truck I wouldn't think it would matter much. Hey Sudi, you think the 49 tooth would work instead of the 52? I don't know if I want to go 16/47. That might be a little high? I don't know, all I have run is the k5.9 so I don't completely know what to expect from this mill. I do run big heavy wheels most of the time though so I don't watn to go too high. I kind of want my truck to wheelie more than it does now..

Mike go to 47 on the lrp it does not need the 52... It has allot more power then the 5.9 did and that gearing is for the slower mill and huge tires. with teh low 1st of the 3 speed you could go as high as 19/47 and it will be faster then you can imagine ...

Ok thanks Bank! I'll have to order a spur gear I guess. That sucks though, I'm anxious to fire this thing up LOL.

Members online

Back