Tips for sealing the carb neck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
OK guys, I'm having a strange issue that I can't seem figure out. I lost my carb pinch bolt a few weeks ago and I damaged the o-rings taking the carb out. So I put new o-rings on the neck and put everything back together. After running it a few times I noticed there was fuel getting all over the case. After cleaning it up and checking periodically I'm pretty sure it's coming down form the carb neck and not the crank shaft area. I took it out again and applied copper sealer very carefully around the area where the carb butts up against the case and it seems to have helped, but it is still leaking a bit even with the sealant and the o-rings in. You guys have any tips or tricks when it comes to getting a good seal there?

Thanks, I was thinking maybe I just missed a spot with the copper stuff. Maybe if I give it another try it would work better. I don't know.

It's actually running great so I may just leave it alone for now, won't be too much longer that I should be able to pick up Picco, and then throw the 5.9 in my second savvy that I picked up for $30. Had everything but the motor, pipe, and fuel tank. I have since got a pipe and tank form Hyp and gone through the whole truck. Thing is a total wheelie machine with the 5.9 in it. Will make a great second truck since my XL is so heavy. Then I can let a buddy run it also.

Members online

Back