Threebond 1211 vs. 1194?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
Hey guys I'm wondering if someone can tell me the pros and cons between these two products? I got the 1194. The guy at the Suzuki dealer told me they just changed the number but after getting it home, I looked them up and they are actually two different products. Hard to find good solid description of the difference between them. I read somewhere that the 1194 will be harder to remove later but other than that I can't find much on them. Anybody know?

Thanks man, I went ahead and used it. I'll give until tomorrow afternoon to cure and see if I can get it running reliably. Gonna be getting an LRP Z.28 Spec 3 after the first. LHS is hooking me up for $164.99. I have two trucks that need motors so I'll throw that mill in the old savvy when I get a Picco for the big truck. Maybe I'll even wait a bit longer, now that I'll have a new mill, and save for an ERCM Drag Modded Picco for the XL!

1211 is hard to remove too... This stuff is not permanent but its the best and not made to come off.. its made to seal !

OK to update you guys on this, the 1194 sucks LOL. Fired the truck up today and it started leaking around the carb again. I know it's not the bearing noew at least. This stuff set up for 48 hours and was very hard to the touch, but either the heat, the nitro, or both cause it to soften up and get sticky again. Looks like I wasted $12. So I guess I'll have to be on the look out for some 1211. It is more resistant to the nitro fuel right?

1211 is fuel proof, I have been using it for plugging the crank for years without a single failure.

Thanks man, I picked this stuff up and at the time the guy at the shop told me they changed the number on it, but it was the same. It was all they had so I figured I'd give it a shot but it didn't work. I'll try to find some elsewhere.

OK I got some 1211, the same shop had it in stock even though they told me otherwise a couple days ago, so they were good enough to return the 1194 even though I opened it. $24.95 for the 1211 versus $11.95 for the 1194, so yeah, I figure there must be some difference based on the price alone LOL. Now my question is, do you guys leave the upper o-ring on the carb, or do you just use the lower one and rely on the 1211 to seal the top of the carb? I left both o-rings on before.

Members online

No members online now.
Back