This savage is friggin' cool!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 views, no posts..... Bitches!

support your brother, tell him what you like or break his stones! Where the hell is bank.

Looks like RTR savavy to me. Nothing special lol

Plus I've had those wheels/tires, they are way to heavy and big. I sold them very quickly.....lol

or how about mine:

014xw.jpg

015da.jpg

016ms.jpg

or how about mine:

014xw.jpg

015da.jpg

016ms.jpg

again, its a sad day to see a queenie with so much money dumped into it but never been run. Actually, its a pretty good idea not to run it, those shocks would never hold up to a jump. Also, no mid-tank? What has this site come to? Noobs with stock tanks commenting on "stock" trucks, lol.

Wow fred when did you become such a douche? Lol that needs that pipe tossed in the trash yes. 086 or robbies pipe. Mid tank is a must. Idk why hpi still sells this crap fubared out the box.

again, its a sad day to see a queenie with so much money dumped into it but never been run. Actually, its a pretty good idea not to run it, those shocks would never hold up to a jump. Also, no mid-tank? What has this site come to? Noobs with stock tanks commenting on "stock" trucks, lol.

Been that way awhile now. most of these guys aint got hardly no RC experience, but some of them are learning :lmao: slowly but they are

I have been bashing that truck for almost two gallons now. Those are old pictures.
And yes I quickly figured out that the shocks suck royally. I don't know what you're talking abut? Midtank? why? the saddle tank works fine as long as its sealed.

I have been bashing that truck for almost two gallons now. Those are old pictures.
And yes I quickly figured out that the shocks suck royally. I don't know what you're talking abut? Midtank? why? the saddle tank works fine as long as its sealed.

No.......just no.......

The saddle tank is never fine. Mid tank modding places the tank in the location previously used by the electrical tray. Most people upgrade to a bigger tank without a shelf when doing this.

Here is a stickied example from this site:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/showthread.php?t=6119

Hmm don't think it's possible to midtank mine without drilling holes into chassis?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, the stock tank is a lousy design but even worse, it is located lower than the carb & since these models have no fuel pump and rely on gravity to get the fuel from the tank to carb, once your tank hits the 1/2 empty mark, your carb will get less fuel & more air (known as the 1/2 tank lean) and mess up your tune. Mid tank mod will raise the fuel tank higher in relation to the carb so that you will get a consistent flow of fuel to the carb and consistent tune. look at the tank in relation to the carb in this pic https://www.hpisavageforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/4718/title/hellfire-shafts/cat/640

U P you should listen to these guys, they have been into the Savage model a long time and know what they are talking about.......

hmm...I see what you mean. That definitely makes sense. I get it now. They don't totally rely on gravity though they have the back pressure from the pipe.
But I see what you mean

Is there a tank that will fix the 1/2 lean issue, that could be mounted in the stock location? I think on another site someone said yes, but have forgotten which tank it was.

hmm...I see what you mean. That definitely makes sense. I get it now. They don't totally rely on gravity though they have the back pressure from the pipe.
But I see what you mean
that's true, but the pressure isn't enough to keep the engine from leaning out when the tank gets to 1/2. try it out and you'll see)

Is there a tank that will fix the 1/2 lean issue, that could be mounted in the stock location? I think on another site someone said yes, but have forgotten which tank it was.
not sure. ive seen that debated 1,000 times over the years but to be effective, my opinion is that you would need to raise the tank even in the stock location to remedy this.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back