Temp WHATS TO HIGH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcos619

Whats To High Whats To Low Thx For Ur Help Ohh And Whats About Normal....

want to stay above 200, and under 300. 220-250 is perfect for me.....sometimes 260 but it just depends on the day and plug, ect. that I am running.

Hope this helps.

Oh Fahrenheit also....

want to stay above 200, and under 300. 220-250 is perfect for me.....sometimes 260 but it just depends on the day and plug, ect. that I am running.

Hope this helps.

Oh Fahrenheit also....

Exactly. I run mine between 260 and 280.

Between 260F and 280F she screams. Over that and you run into trouble.

Temps

Is this for all HPI engines including the 5.9? Our 5.9 likes to be at least high 220's to low 230's but runs very well at 250 but I try to keep it below that mostly due to our other trucks not liking 250F and up. Just used to the Losi (Dynamite) engines range I guess. The MGT 8.0 would split in two above 260f

Thanks all!

Between 260F and 280F she screams. Over that and you run into trouble.

Yes, most nitro engine temp ranges are between 230-260*F. Some will run cooler and some hotter. Altitude, humidity, ambient temp and all make a difference along with running or not running a body.

My engine's typically run around the 260 range at best performance but my F4.1 ran best at 290-300 it would scream believe it or not. I had 8 gallons on it and the only reason it dies is because I cracked the block and temps went to 500 or so and roasted it immediately.

Temps

500F, can't imagine.. Appreciate it, sounds like I've been working way to hard to keep the 5.9 under 240F. The Associated 8.0 if it gets to 260 unintentionally will just sound like it's going to detonate itself into pieces. The front bearing of the AE8.0 is only good to around 250F..

Yes, most nitro engine temp ranges are between 230-260*F. Some will run cooler and some hotter. Altitude, humidity, ambient temp and all make a difference along with running or not running a body.

My engine's typically run around the 260 range at best performance but my F4.1 ran best at 290-300 it would scream believe it or not. I had 8 gallons on it and the only reason it dies is because I cracked the block and temps went to 500 or so and roasted it immediately.

I in any way shape or forum recommend not running them at 300* consistently unless you know what your doing. I was simply stating that i had a mill that ran that and loved it.

The best way to tune is by sound, performance and Smoke Trail, not by Temps.

Just can't put my temp gauge down yet, it's like watching the gauges on your dash of your car for me. Plus with the kids we have 3 trucks going at once tyring to keep going with our own. We like to run on the safe side keeping the fuel companies in business but always looking for the perfect combination. Tuning is one of many enjoyable parts of this hobby.

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated

I in any way shape or forum recommend not running them at 300* consistently unless you know what your doing. I was simply stating that i had a mill that ran that and loved it.

The best way to tune is by sound, performance and Smoke Trail, not by Temps.

i swear every engine has its own "personality" but i agree with everyone i've read here that someone had a engine that ran best at like 300, hpi suggests no higher then 250 which is a fairly good guideline "if possible"!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back