spur gears strip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallone09

I strip the spur gear cause hit a hole and it a tree . so should i just go back with stock gear . or change to steel gear? rest off truck look fine these is one tough truck . love playing with .

well its just my opinion but i would stick with the plastic spur, if its meshed right with the clutch bell they last almost forever and are only like $5.00 to replace... But some like the steel spurs...

Ok thanks i think when i hit the tree thats what cause it to strip. i check the mesh before i run it . this truck is tough didnt break anything else except knock the exhaust loose already fixed it. .

either your not setting the mesh correctly or the slipper is too tight

Its was doing fine till i hit the tree i think sudden stop strip the gears . Ive checked everything looks good know have to wait till Monday get parts. get gear mesh set see how it goes. Thank for all you help

Hey guy got new spur gear put on should the shaft coming out off the transmission that hold spur gear should in move back and forth in to the transmission ? moves very little not to much will that hurt anything?

i stripped mine as well today ive got the same amount of play in mine?

i was just running on some grass when i shredded mine.

engines got no play in it at all but i have not checked mesh in awhile:duh:

Hey guy got new spur gear put on should the shaft coming out off the transmission that hold spur gear should in move back and forth in to the transmission ? moves very little not to much will that hurt anything?

my nitro had about that much play in the gear pack. ran it that way through a couple modded mills and never had a problem.

i eventually shimmed the play out (very easy to do) but never had a problem either way.

on the flux, i shimmed the play out right off caz were talkin apples & oranges with off-the-line power.

Latest posts

Members online

Back