Slash, Stampede or something else brushless under $400

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axoman

I'm thinking of getting a new brushless RC and right now swaying towards a Slash VXL 4x4 to fool around with. It's just going to be something to play around with in the yard and street, not going to be racing or anything serious with it.

What do you guys think of it? Is there something else that would be better for just bashing around the yard? I'm wanting something brushless that has the capability to be pretty fast.

ive seen the stampede vxl destroy itself under its own power. spend a little more and get a flux 2350

ive seen the stampede vxl destroy itself under its own power. spend a little more and get a flux 2350

While I do like the Savage platform, I'm looking for something different and the 2350 is out of my price range.

I'm pretty easy on my stuff, as the only thing that has broken on my Savage 25 in over 6 years of ownership was one of the clutch shoes.

traxxes and brushless equal self destruct.................

yep. you'd be much better off with a b/l truggy or something with a steel chassis tray. i know its a lot of coin to get involved with b/l, but id hate to see you buy a brand new traxxas and have it bust up into big $$ repair bills.

Ok, please offer actual suggestions and alternatives that fit my price range instead of just saying Traxxas is going to break.

Ok, please offer actual suggestions and alternatives that fit my price range instead of just saying Traxxas is going to break.

thats just it, your price range limits you to these choices. thats why i posted "save a little more and ......"

HPI Blitz with a Sidewinder SCT esc/motor combo. You can get that for around $300 or just over.

I was just going to ask about the Blitz. Would that setup put it on par speed wise to the Slash?

I'm not a Traxxas fan by any means but, if you aren't thrashing your gear very hard and just want something to run around the yard and up and down the street. The Slash 4x4 isn't a bad choice.

I'm not a Traxxas fan by any means but, if you aren't thrashing your gear very hard and just want something to run around the yard and up and down the street. The Slash 4x4 isn't a bad choice.

That's pretty much all I'll do with it, so that sways me back to the Slash again.

I don't even know that I'll run Lipos in it, will probably stick with the NiMH batteries for a while, as I don't have a LiPo charger and good ones seem to be pretty expensive.

i run with a guy that has a rustler vxl. with rpm a arms and ive seen him beat on it and it holds up pretty decent and screams ... it sounds like your not going to bash on yours so maybe a traxxas might hold up for you ...

Latest posts

Members online

Back