Savage X SS Ground Up with RB Mods Nova Plus 28-7T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up 8 of the CEN shocks for $44.00 shipped. I'll try them out and see if they have a stiff response. If they do then I'll run it with 4 and keep the other 4 as spares.

I just got a heap more gear in the mail, so it means I can now start looking at re-assembly.

I am just waiting on a few more small items and the main item - the engine.

AXIAL OVERSIZE 40 SERIES WHEELS

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

HOT BODIES REAR UNIVERSAL
INTEGY HEAVY DUTY ENGINE MOUNT
HPI DUAL FIBRE GLASS DISC BRAKES
INTEGY 3 PIECE CLUTCH KIT
RACERS EDGE FUEL FILTER
DUBRO FUEL LINE
STEERING BEARINGS
HPI HD BRAKE HUB

IMG_1456.jpg

IMAX CHARGER

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

HPI TEMP GUN

IMG_1450.jpg

I decided to paint the HPI SS Body today.

I wanted to go for a fairly simple look so I kept the colour simple - Pearl White body, Silver bumper, Black tray bed.

Here are some photos of the finished paint prior to decals...

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

I did the assembly of the wheels and tyres tonight.

I turned the tyres inside out and used some gaff / race tape to run a strip around the internal diameter. This will stop them ballooning so much under hard acceleration and provide better traction.

Once that once done I installed the supplied Proline foams and inserted the Axial wheels.

Then I applied some medium CA glue and all done!!

I think the tyre wheel combo should go well with the body once it is all re-assembled.

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

Time for the differentials to get a good clean and re-filled with quality Losi diff fluid.

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

Very Nice Build! I love the RB tuned pipe, I just wish they would put their logo on the other side of the pipe as well...

Well the rebuild is really starting to take shape now and I should have it all back together in the next week or so.

I am waiting on a few small parts, such a new alloy diff case, but other than that, it is all coming together well.

NOVAROSSI 28 WITH NEW FLYWHEEL, CLUTCH AND MOUNT

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

DIFFS ALL STRIPPED AND CLEANED FOR ANOTHER REBUILD

IMG_1512.jpg

And the jewel in the crown...

RB MODS MODIFIED NOVAROSSI 28-7T

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

Love the setup. The novas I have are the best I've owned. Keep an eye on the rest of this build. Good luck. Like to see how the shoes hold up.

CEN GENESIS SHOCK INSTALL

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

Nice build so far Hi. I should have chimed in earlier about the cen shocks. When I mounted mine to the X style arms, I cut off the flat part off the ball on the lower mount. That way, I was able to mount them in between the 2 mounting tabs on the lower arm. Then, if I ever decided to try out different shocks, which I did (LST XXL with IRC mount kit), the lower arms weren't altered and I didn't have to buy new ones. Will be keepin an eye on this also, mainly to get your thoughts on the Nove motor.

Funny, now that you mention it I do recall on a previos Savage I built I actually popped the CEN balls out and fitted some spare ones I had lying around which did not have the large flat mounting section.

Same thing, it worked a treat and fitted in the stock mounting position.

I don't know what happened on this build...I must have been tired and just ripped out the dremel.

Nice build so far Hi. I should have chimed in earlier about the cen shocks. When I mounted mine to the X style arms, I cut off the flat part off the ball on the lower mount. That way, I was able to mount them in between the 2 mounting tabs on the lower arm.

So tonight I starting looking at how I was going to fit a large bore RB Concepts Truggy manifold to the Savage, which, as we know, does not have a lot of room for any aftermarket manifold.

Initially I thought no way, but after a little thought and some use of my handy dremel things started to look a little more promising.

I had to grind a small section of the rear bulk head (just behind the shock tower) away, this allowed for the large diameter and bend of the RB manifold to fit.

All in all I am happy with the final fitment. It may not end up working as it might prematualy wear the spring or manifold from the slight rubbing, but we will see.

MODIFIED / DREMELED BULK HEAD

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

TEST FIT OF MANIFOLD

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

ASSEMBLED IN-LINE PIPE AND MANIFOLD

IMG_1528.jpg

HANGER MADE FROM PIANO WIRE

IMG_1531.jpg

ALMOST FINISHED

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

ALL DONE

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

So I am almost there.

I just need to wait on some parts to rebuild the diffs and then install them and also wait on some parts for my brakes and install them, other than that, it is good to go!!

Here is how it is looking...

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back