Savage X- 2 speed or 3 speed ?¿?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xll-SavageX-llx

★ CaNaDa Eh ★
Hey guys i got the break in done on my K4.6 HO and my 2 speed tranny isn't just cutting it the engine has so much power and rpms that the 2 speed is, what you say "CRAP"!

But i also under stand the 3 speed tranny has 3 gears DUH! so you need more room to run the truck to shift through all the gears, and i live in Hamilton Ontario not alot of room to run the truck, always getting kiked out of parks and stuff!

So is the 3 speed better then the 2 speed ??

2speed- Fast out of the whole, slow in the long run!
3speed- Slow out of the whole, fast in the long run!

The 3 speed will have better off the line speed and top speed. plus it decreases the engine temps because it doesnt have to work as hard. You can set the shift points closer together for small area running like I have my race truck.
What do you mean by the 2 speed is crap? If you went from the 4.1 to a 4.6 you just need to re tune the transmission to get the shift point where it needs to be.

The 3 speed will have better off the line speed and top speed. plus it decreases the engine temps because it doesnt have to work as hard. You can set the shift points closer together for small area running like I have my race truck.
What do you mean by the 2 speed is crap? If you went from the 4.1 to a 4.6 you just need to re tune the transmission to get the shift point where it needs to be.

No the 2 speed is good but after it ruvs up to shift into 2nd the rpm 's are crazy high, and i want more out of the engine not just screaming rpm 's 1

Stock 3 speed will be the same. 3 speed with 3 hi speed 3rd not much faster. What gearing do you have on that truck. My 4.6 HO I ran 19/47 if your stock savage can handle the speed of that combo is the issue. I think you sound under geared

Stock 3 speed will be the same. 3 speed with 3 hi speed 3rd not much faster. What gearing do you have on that truck. My 4.6 HO I ran 19/47 if your stock savage can handle the speed of that combo is the issue. I think you sound under geared

I'm running 18/47 with the 2 speed !

It still can corner w/o flipping over? what else you have for mods in it? the 3 speed with hi 3rd will add a lil speed but same as going up a gear. go up to 19-20 and add the tranny.

The 3 speed is a great upgrade. I am running one from an xl that already had the high gear kit in it and it shifts rather quickly. I am runnng 17/47 gearing with it and it will walk the dog. Can barely keep the wheels on the ground.

i can agree with ryu... the other night when we tuned it....i could walk a wheelie for a block (NO LIE) and that darn thing could still use more gear. he is set for the finals and his 3 speed is perfect. i highly recommend one.....saves the engine from killing itself!!

i can agree with ryu... the other night when we tuned it....i could walk a wheelie for a block (NO LIE) and that darn thing could still use more gear. he is set for the finals and his 3 speed is perfect. i highly recommend one.....saves the engine from killing itself!!
I love them in non-modded motors. Add power beyond normal .28 "umpf" and 3 speeds just blow up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back