Savage No Go!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryugaiden05

I was out Saturday running my Savage around the yard and driveways and it was performing outstanding. Wheelies at 1/4 throttle, super fast runs. Then it simply stopped moving and would only rev up if I tapped the throttle. I picked the truck up and gave it some throttle and she acted normal, but once on the ground no go. I am runnig an Integy 49t spur with the 17t racing clutchbell. The very tips of the gears are already silver and they have only about 3 tanks on them. Also running the plastic clutches as Ihad just melted the set of aluminum ones I had on the truck. Any suggestions as to the problem area? On a side question, I am running the HPI LCG plates and the purple heat sink engine plate and myself and Soulja found that you have to put shims under the engine mount to get the mesh right. Anyone else had this problem?

check the slipper clutch nut. Most likely it is loose. Tighten it down all the way then back it off about 1/8th to 1/4 turn.

Ok, I'll check the nut. I know it is not the batteries, since I still had a full charge according to by battery indicator.

Ok I finally got a chance to look at the truck tonight, and I think I found the problem. The two screws the go to the engine mount had come out somehow and was letting the engine move on the mount. It looks like have a little bit of wear on the spur from it, going to try it out if weather permits tomorrow. Hopefully that is all that is wrong with it, if not back to plastic spurs I go.

Put the screws back into the mount and took it out for a run last night, and the Savage now goes. Slipper was still tight and the truck was back to its old self.

Members online

No members online now.
Back