Replacing Spur Gear in Savage 3.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pools_lad

Hi all,
Hope someone can help.. I need to change the spur gear but having a bit of a problem trying to take it off. I've taken the screws out of the handle and the side of the exhaust but it still seems to be attached to the drive rod..
Has anyone got a video or instruction on how to change this.

the instruction manual details how to do this.I usually remove the engine and access to the spur is easier.....

what rods do ya refer to? maybe they are the throttle and brake rods ? spur should come off with the removal of the nut in center of the gear....

what rods do ya refer to? maybe they are the throttle and brake rods ? spur should come off with the removal of the nut in center of the gear....

Hi,
I've taken the handle off, I've taken the screws off also to try and take the black thing out that holds the spur gear in place.. I've got a spanner and took the bolt off that holds the gear off but can't take it off as it's catching on the small metal cogs. If I try and take it off there are 2 rods one for the 2 front wheels and other for back. Hope it makes sense

Hi,
I've taken the handle off, I've taken the screws off also to try and take the black thing out that holds the spur gear in place.. I've got a spanner and took the bolt off that holds the gear off but can't take it off as it's catching on the small metal cogs. If I try and take it off there are 2 rods one for the 2 front wheels and other for back. Hope it makes sense

HUH ?????? ya should be able to remove the spur without disturbing the metal rods? which are the driveshafts I believe you are referring to, the spur comes right off without disturbing the driveshafts going to the front and rear diffs.......just wiggle it a bit with the nut off and it comes off.......
maybe referring to the manual will help ya caz it sounds like you are cornfused

Sounds like you don't have an X trans and your trying to pull the whole unit. If you don't have an X you cant follow X vids for trans work. they changed the case to split witout coming out of the chassis. Pre x this is not the same. I'm just guessing I cant follow what youre really doing here.

Sounds like you don't have an X trans and your trying to pull the whole unit. If you don't have an X you cant follow X vids for trans work. they changed the case to split witout coming out of the chassis. Pre x this is not the same. I'm just guessing I cant follow what youre really doing here.

That's what it's sounding like to me too.

pools_lad please post up pictures showing us what you're referring to. To take off the spur gear normally all you have to do is remove the lock nut, spring and bushing/ bearing holding it on the shaft.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back