RC hover craft (a project )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluxinator

Hey guys I'm planning on making a RC hover craft =) I have just ordered 2 20A escs that can handle Li-Po to use with my explosive 800 mah turnigys and also a EDF for blowing air down to create the air cushion.
The real reason I'm here is to ask you guys how i can make the skirt? I have used google but I didn’t really understand how they did their skirts. So I'm planning on using foam to build the base and i was thinking on placing a 2 cm border of foam at the bottom where it creates a box at the bottom then use EDF to force air down there to get lift any other ideas ? i will post the pics once my stuff comes.

My buddy and I talked about doing this a couple of years ago. He used to pilot the SK-5 when he was in the Army so we had some inside perspective with the physics of it. We were gonna use a bike inner-tube for the skirt. Keep digging around on the internet for help(Google is your friend). I went to the Hovercraft Models website when I was digging around for info. Look and see what there are for blueprints & parts lists. That'll help a lot. Good luck!

Foam = Hard Skirt = Defeated purpose.

You need something soft that will conform to the terrain it's crossing to maintain the air bubble underneath ... A hard skirt will catch on a slight mound of dirt and let all the air blow out the bottom and lose hover.

ohh you are right i never thought about it like that. Thats the reason i come here =) Then maybe trash bag that can be cut to collect air when i turn the fan on but i would think that the skirt like that would catch water and cause the thing to flip

whay not cut it in half use holes in the bottom for the hover and it like a boat hull and use a mots with a huge prop and rutt\er to move it

i have never thought of an RC hovercraft as i have never even seen one advertised... Something i will look into one day! suscribed

Latest posts

Members online

Back