Question about Picco .28 versions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
OK, I'm looking at new mills and it seems that all the sites selling the Picco .28 (part # 51232) show the old version in their pics with the older heat sink head. I've seen many guys here running them with the turbo style head that is concave on top and anodized in blue. How do I know what I'm going to get when I order, and is there any way to ensure that I get the newer version? Also, is there really any difference between the two, other than the head?

The internals are the same, a lot of sites haven't changed the picture to match the new style head. The bigger suppliers all have the newest version from what I have seen.

OK, cause the LHS called one of their distributers today, can't remember which one, and they said they had the older ones. It's possible the guy on the phone didn't know what he was talking about, or didn't understand what we meant I guess. Thanks guys!

So Robin, is the carb the same between the two versions or is it different as well?

I have an LRP Z.28 Spec 3 coming for $164.99. I'm gonna use it, and then get a Picco in maybe 2 or 3 months after I've gotten back to work for a bit. I have two savvys that need motors anyway so I'll throw the LRP in the older truck when I get a Picco for the XL.

Members online

Back