New Savage owner dumb question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Numbnutz

I have a Savage 25 that I love but on some bad landings, the steering end link pops off the ball and same on the rear links. Now, should I modify that from happening or let that be the weak link cause it's an easy repair? I mean, all I gotta do is pop it back on and go. If I put a washer on there to keep it from popping off, I would imagine something would have to give and break? I want to get actual turn buckles for easy alignment but should I do anything else?

If your landings are pretty hard and that's all you're "breaking" then I'd be happy with it, Like you said easy fix and cheap too. ;)

Another thing though is that the links could simply be worn out too. If it was me I'd probably spring for the turnbuckles upgrade and then give it a shoot.

Also I would upgrade to Integy's rear hub carriers. They eliminate the rear turnbuckles.

mine does that too :)
I just looked up "Integy's rear hub carriers" and they are approx double here in the uk. (works out $84 in your money) could get cheaper if I searched but just put a quick search in and clicked the first one for price check.

I'm going to up grade to the turnbuckles cause it would be nice to adjust the front and rear toe. Have another question, the stock plastic tuned pipe looking thing, worth replacing? Will I notice any gains top end/low end? I am happy with the performance it has stock but if it is better for the longevity of the engine or noticeible power increase, should I even bother?

You will see minor gains depending on the pipe you choose. The main reason to change pipes though is for your preference in how it sounds.

save your money you wont notice especially if your happy with it as standard. any pipe worth having is going to cost you far more than you think, better to spend the money on fuel a spare glow plug and get used to the car. when you can drive it hard and looking for more power then is the time to upgrade.
have fun

Latest posts

Members online

Back