Need Tec Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright fellas, what's a good Roto start kit for thus savage. The motor is an ofna .26. Not sure if that makes a differnce. I priced a few online on amazon. One is like 40 bucks other is 64

you can get a sullivan tiger drive for it I believe there is an inline version, it is an s 702.... find them on e bay all the time, JRC sports and many others carry them....
here is the 90 degree version too is an s680. but you also need the shim kit for it too. but it aint much, kit no s 698...
You will also need a 7/32 hex driver available at most hardware stores. get the long L version in a ball end and cut it off right at the bend. chuck into any drill with a clutch and start it up........

Here is a link to sullivan cross reference page and home page

http://sullivanproducts.com/TigerDriveXrefcontent.htm

http://sullivanproducts.com/index.htm

I use these on all my nitro engines and absolutely love them......

prolly not. besides you need the shim kit anyway if ya go 90 degree and the losi is prolly the wrong bearing size too....

Okay so I did some research on the tiger drive. It says you may need to modify suspension on savages for it to work. Just wandering how much modifying is needed. and I also I mentioned the one on my losi it was at bottom and I never really cared for having to hold it up or hang of something to get it started. I guess what I'm askin is for the price on both 702 and 698 I'm willing to get which ever is the easiest to install and easiest one to start

yes the shim kit is separate... far as which one will work I am not sure...... maybe a call to sullivan is in order they will help ya get setup with the right stuff 1st time......

I just got a 5.9 used motor for my savage x and had te same problem, the carb was covered everywhere with gasket material so there must have been the carb cause as soon as I put a new carb on it seems to stay running. Did it last night so today after work I'm going to run it and see what happens

Yeah I bought a Tiger drive for my Savage 25 with a Losi 454 only to find out it didn't work on my Savage chassis, ended up buying a LRP 28 roto start for the Losi and it works great!!! I will never use a pull start again, except on my Nitro Evader with a O.S. 18, cant find a roto start or tiger drive that will fit that motor. I do have a bump start box coming for it and my revo though, it should be here tomorrow.

what I would do; give it a "good" service.
clean everything out, take the tank off and give that a good flush out and dry. Replace the plug. Clean or replace air filter (don't forget to oil it). Replace ALL fuel lines and you may as well replace the "O" ring on fuel tank lip so you know your getting a good seal.
It sounds like your trouble is a combination of starved fuel either caused by old fuel or air leak.
Neglect is the problem so take your time and do it right, start from scratch & don't skimp on anything and you will soon be having fun.
fuel left in a tank is asking for trouble! keep it all clean & do your maintenance work regular or pay the price at your peril

Members online

No members online now.
Back