Need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizzy_des

View attachment 4291 ok been out of the game too long! Jumping back in with both feet. I was going to build my .21 savy which is mostly x with these parts. Now I'm going to retro the .21 back to mostly stock. So here's my problem . I'm going to build a ground up mid tank. I got a lot of fast lane parts, lst shocks and a .32 lrp. Has anyone started at this point? I toy with the idea of buying an ss for parts but I'm not using half of them. I know I need xl bulk head parts since I went with ext savy tvps low ext cg and xl ext arms. Should I build it or abort!? I'm close too four bills in I have all electronics, but will upgrade. Can it be done for say$ 500 more? I think my wife will kill me if I do another $1200 savy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I have lrp .32, 4 lst 2 shocks, fastlane lcg ext tvps, xl ext arm set, shock towers, motor mount,lst shock conv, servo mount,plus one servo mount. I plan on using a jp4 pipe I got nib.

I agree 1200 is way too much to spend on a truck... you can do it cheaper and still have a bash worthy rig......I aint got alot of tips on how to save but it seems like ya got some good parts to start with so just take it easy with doin wild stuff.....having a good solid reliable rig is what I shoot for with most of the ones I do... I buy em cheep and enjoy bashing the crap outta it while I collect my list of parts.....

Thanx jam, I look at a lot of mid tanks but they haven't really updated. Who's got one for me to try? We play in a big $ game. I just want to bash, no shelf queen. I got one of those to put back together, for my buddy who just passed. I got to put his 3.3 tmaxx shelf queen back together for his 14 yo. Another $1200 toy. I hate working on those products.

Sorry to hear about your Buddy.... but you are doin a good thing helping his kids with his toys.... far as the mid tank Look at what UPbasher did for his. he works with a tight budget too, I think he built it all himself.... I don't think he posted it here but if ya send a pm I am sure he will share how he did it.... right now I am gonna be workin on a savage x I just got so maybe after I decide what to do and get to work I will be posting a thread on thing I see that are cheep easy stout hopup stuff. keep your eyes open it wont be too long before I start on one.....

Thanx jam, just looking for ideas! My buddy was a 24 yr vet at reno pd. I got him into this game and his 14 yo will be hooked. CANCER SUCKS! I got to his self queen tmaxx back up for his son. The slayer and electric Kyle bush truck are still running. He had to go Kyle since we are in nevada. Lol rip scott rpd 1921.

No up basher, I was going to use it for my starting point. But instead I'm building this mid tank from scratch. My prob is do I buy an ss kit or xl just for parts? Seems like a waste,I got the motor, a bunch of flm new parts,new lst shocks. But I got figure out little stuff from roll pins to to clutch shoes. I love to see your pics just for more knowledge.

vj40.jpg

i81k.jpg

Upbasher, you put a big smile on my face. Over the years the .21 has gone x, I think I miss it as it was. Still have the original lid for it.

I agree man the older savy's were much better looking. I've complied though and converted it to x chassis since those pics were taken....but ONLY for the sake of the improved performance (lcg)

I've done the same thing. Went to eBay found a parts stripper in in Sacramento bought x tvps added American cnc arms, three speed tranny, reverse with the servo, axial .28 changed to x batt box with a hump pack and led batt indicator. Plus many other upgrades like the speky radio and all new servos. I want to put it back with .21 tvps and leave the rest with rpm arms.

Shoot as I sent this message I was buying more parts from stormer. What kills me is that I'm about a mile and a half form tower here in reno. And I can't save shipping by doing will call. Gotta get over somehow.

Here we go! Since no one has done this that's come foreword! I will keep track of part #s , vendors , and good info from the members on this board. I will keep all the info I do and the the help I get so someone as dumb as me try's to build a mid tank from parts learns from my errors. BOYS IT MAY TAKE 6 months but game on! I'm doing it from scratch. Thanx to jammin and upbasher I'll keep you posted. Mike

Sounds Great Des, I always like :eyes: how others build stuff... for me hand built is always the way to go if ya can...between me and my son we can make just about any part we need and stock is cheap too... I look forward to pix and all of your build..

Grab ronnies truck ! done deal out the box. Gowd I forget his tag on here. Visionary I think. Ill txt him to chime in. Put your 32 in that and sell off the 21.

Bankrupted, getting rid of the .21 savay would be like selling one of my three kids! Wait I do have a 21 yo daughter! Sorry kid.

I had to stop for awhile but, GAME ON ! Still gathering parts, just ordered flm front and rear bulks what gears should I use to bulletproof this build? Cen, hot body's , or the newer style hpi? I swear this project will be over 2k since I'm building from scratch. Gotta lov savys or bust! By going broke!as long as the house is paid and the lights are on who cares, that's why I work 50 hours a week. I love OT! Lol

from what I understand the "BP" gears are the way to go. make sure they are shimmed right and they go together good and hold up well. I don't think spending 2k on a build is necessary unless one is into the bling factor, far as a stout rig it sounds like ya got some sweet things goin in it so far....... post up some pix as ya go and also keep watch on the other threads also.

Well trying to build from scratch lil tuff. Going to buy a x ss kit for for parts. Need ideas for tank and radio box, want to keep as much as possible between the tvp,'s. Any help with part #'s. Need tank and radio box/ batts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back