LRP revving high low speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FZR

Hi guys long time lurker first time poster, I have recently bought an LRP zr.30 x to go in my savage XL rtr from a friend of mine who had just ran it in. Anyway the issue is that it if I give it full throttle from stand still it seems to rev very highly but not moving very fast where as if I build up the speed gradually it is better but still not where it should be, the clutch shoes are new hpi aluminium so there isn't an issue there. It's currently on an 086 pipe although I have an ERCM pipe coming soon. I'm thinking I might need to adjust the 3 speed. Any thoughts? Also the engine seems to be down on power and bogs out on full throttle unless I really richen the mixture up

Hi guys long time lurker first time poster, I have recently bought an LRP zr.30 x to go in my savage XL rtr from a friend of mine who had just ran it in. Anyway the issue is that it if I give it full throttle from stand still it seems to rev very highly but not moving very fast where as if I build up the speed gradually it is better but still not where it should be, the clutch shoes are new hpi aluminium so there isn't an issue there. It's currently on an 086 pipe although I have an ERCM pipe coming soon. I'm thinking I might need to adjust the 3 speed. Any thoughts? Also the engine seems to be down on power and bogs out on full throttle unless I really richen the mixture up

sadly I do not see enough info in your post to make a good diagnosis of your problem. one ? comes to mind is did ya make sure them new aluminum clutch shoes aint on backwards ? don't laugh I have seen it before.....

Sounds like you need to tighten your slipper nut down. High rpm causing it to spin and not get the power down to the wheels.
reversing the clutch shoes is purposely done in buggy/truggy racing to get more snap off the line, but I don't think it describes what he's got going on here.

Well that may very well be the slipper is loose..... maybe he will post if he gets it fixed and running right.......

Anyway the issue is that it if I give it full throttle from stand still it seems to rev very highly but not moving very fast where as if I build up the speed gradually it is better but still not where it should be, the clutch shoes are new hpi aluminium so there isn't an issue there.
I'd take a look at the slipper nut for this issue.
I'm thinking I might need to adjust the 3 speed. Any thoughts?
Check slipper and clutch and confirm its 100% before you touch the trans. As fred said it can be run both ways ...
Also the engine seems to be down on power and bogs out on full throttle unless I really richen the mixture up
That sounds like it is a lean condition and it needs to be enriched as your doing... Could be air leaks could be many things not enough information to give you a solid answer.
Hi guys long time lurker first time poster
Welcome to HPISF !

Welcome to the forum I would after checking that all nuts and pins are tightened reset needles to stock and tune from there if you need help with tuning there is a good how to stickied in the nitro section by purenitro

Thanks for all your replies guys I'm still yet to sort out this issue although I haven't tried tightening the slipper yet (maybe I should have checked here sooner) I ended up swapping out the 3 speed from my SS to the XL to no avail and also tried new integy clutch shoes which didn't seem to help I will definitely try the tightening the spur gear as much as possible, feeling optimistic! It does make sense that it could be slipping as the engine won't wheelie either and it's suppose to be a beast! Ill keep you posted and thanks again for the advice I really appreciate it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back