Just had to tell someone !!!

Have you ever looked at your Savvy and thought theres nothing you had to do to it?

• yes

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • no

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Almost

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhillH

I am so happy I feel like a kid, this proud feeling is what the hobby is supposed to be about, I feel enlightened.
My SavageX is perfect. It needs nothing. All my settings are perfect, the brakes, the shocks, the tune, the port/polish. The shock oil, the diffs are perfect. I have finally reached Savage utopia.
I got my truck brand new and it has been a serious project, more than I thought... Just to get it here. And thats why I'm posting under projects.
In case your wondering, this is what Ive done.
First of all, major learning and reading and searching about how to,...
The tuning alone is a major hurdle since this is my first nitro, if your a novice and your serious about it you will get it, it just takes time, like everybody told me, now I am a believer. I even jumped in and did my own port & polish to the motor.
big bore hpi shocks, #2 piston, 35 wieght oil, 2 #5 spacers with bottom of shock set at outward position
1600 mh hump pack
new tires with formed foam inserts
can even begin to tell you how much brake work went in but ended up back with stock dual brakes and just spring to fuel line replacement cause its so much easier to modulate than the steel ones.
208 ounce steering servo
three speed tranny, after the P&P to the engine it really is necessary.
mobil one grease in the diffs front and rear
pullstart gone, back to roto and happy
adapter switch for charging hump pack without having to remove cover

I am so happy I feel like a kid, this proud feeling is what the hobby is supposed to be about, I feel enlightened.
My SavageX is perfect. It needs nothing. All my settings are perfect, the brakes, the shocks, the tune, the port/polish. The shock oil, the diffs are perfect. I have finally reached Savage utopia.
I got my truck brand new and it has been a serious project, more than I thought... Just to get it here. And thats why I'm posting under projects.
In case your wondering, this is what Ive done.
First of all, major learning and reading and searching about how to,...
The tuning alone is a major hurdle since this is my first nitro, if your a novice and your serious about it you will get it, it just takes time, like everybody told me, now I am a believer. I even jumped in and did my own port & polish to the motor.
big bore hpi shocks, #2 piston, 35 wieght oil, 2 #5 spacers with bottom of shock set at outward position
1600 mh hump pack
new tires with formed foam inserts
can even begin to tell you how much brake work went in but ended up back with stock dual brakes and just spring to fuel line replacement cause its so much easier to modulate than the steel ones.
208 ounce steering servo
three speed tranny, after the P&P to the engine it really is necessary.
mobil one grease in the diffs front and rear
pullstart gone, back to roto and happy
adapter switch for charging hump pack without having to remove cover

phil, after all that & no pic?

lol I know, I'm out of town and although I did think to bring the essential Savvy toolbox, I didnt think to bring the camera! And the new black Suburban body looks so cool ! Um, but it is a bit scratched already.

well i chose almost!! as I'm always finding new things for my savage to spend money on!! "THE SAVAGE X LOVES IT BUT MY WALLET DOESNT" LMAO

there is always something to do to my truck. i have a habit of driving it till it breaks. i just don't feel right taking a running truck home lol . i live by the moto of beat it , break it , fix it , repeat

Thats right I forgot to say, I gotta take it out to the track and beat it till I see what my next project is gonna be!

Yesterday, I had it upside down running in a ditch, had to pull all the electrics and flush the motor to get all the water dried. And that wasnt the bad part, but that may be a new thread.

^ yeahhh, I've been to that party.. :duh:

Fortunately the only casualty was a stock receiver. :shocked:

Okay now I have something to do, I managed to strip the buttonhead, now I gotta order one.

Latest posts

Members online

Back