Ironhide!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
These aren't the best pics in the world because my regular camera broke, but I wanted start a thread. I gotta get those time stamps off there. It's not quite finished either, I have a few small details I want to add but for the most part it's done. I'm going to add a charcoal grey autobot symbol to the tail gate and have some custom blue running light stickers made at the same time out of vinyl. I would have just painted them in but I had no access to blue paint without special ordering it, and cutting them out of the liquid mask nicely would have been difficult anyway. Also I need to add some black dots to the ends of the exhaust stacks. The pieces above the headlights, the one in the hood vent, the fuel tank, and the stacks are all chrome paint. I like the way this body fits, it's a couple inches longer than the Silverado. Pretty much bumper to bumper on the XL. Plus I have it sitting higher than my other bodies so I didn't have to trim the bed area. Makes my truck look huge LOL.

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

Very sweet body. I have not see that one before. You also did a great job on it. Just plain sick looking.

looks awesome! I would cut a hole in the bed for the motor so its eaiser to tune the HSN when its on the truck. jmo

Rep+ for the killer job!

looks awesome! I would cut a hole in the bed for the motor so its eaiser to tune the HSN when its on the truck. jmo

Rep+ for the killer job!

I typically run it with a Pro-Line '07 Silverado body which has full access to everything. It's still in good shape so I don't really plan on bashing this body or the HPI Grave Robber anytime soon. I also have the HPI GT Gigante still, which is beat, up but I have some small LED flashlights modded in there for headlights if I want to run at night. To answer a couple of the other questions, I got mine through my LHS for $30 (plus no shipping cost that way). One of the things I enjoy is doing new lids even if I don't need them LOL. Want to get into airbrushing but haven't done it yet. I like the stuff with more realism than many of the RC racer bodies that you typically see but with an airbrush you can still get a little more detailed with it. Thanks for the compliments guys! This is my basher body here:

CIMG00912.jpg

Also it's hard to tell in my pics but I really like how they captured the shape of the wide body style fender flairs on the front. Between those and the silverado dually bed that these 1:1 trucks run, it gives it an aggressive and scale look.

I typically run it with a Pro-Line '07 Silverado body which has full access to everything. It's still in good shape so I don't really plan on bashing this body or the HPI Grave Robber anytime soon. I also have the HPI GT Gigante still, which is beat, up but I have some small LED flashlights modded in there for headlights if I want to run at night. To answer a couple of the other questions, I got mine through my LHS for $30 (plus no shipping cost that way). One of the things I enjoy is doing new lids even if I don't need them LOL. Want to get into airbrushing but haven't done it yet. I like the stuff with more realism than many of the RC racer bodies that you typically see but with an airbrush you can still get a little more detailed with it. Thanks for the compliments guys! This is my basher body here:

CIMG00912.jpg

Thats what i do too. I have a brand new stock body that i don't use and i have a basher body thats exactly the same thing but only its beat up! I was so mad at my self on saturday because i took my truck for a quick little run before i put the body on and i rolled it and scratched the heck out of the cooling head :duh: i am always so carefull about this and now its all messed up! Just have to buy a new one! Lol

Great work!

That was right after I finished the silverado. It doesn't look quite as nice but the Pro-Line bodies hold up really well as far as cracks and stuff goes. Only a couple minor cracks in it and I run it hard. I always use the engine cover with or without bodies, that way if I'm warming it up or just tinkering with it and I accidentally roll it, it still has some protection for the heat sink head.

Here it is with the ERCM End Bleed Pipe. Again the pics are crappy 'cause I'm using this cheap polaroid handheld camcoder thing until I can afford to replace my regular camera.

ERCMPipeTopkickBody.jpg

ERCMPipeTopkickBody2.jpg

ERCMPipeTopkickBody3.jpg

ERCMPipeTopkickBody4.jpg

it does look the business! ME likE!

wow this looks great. good job. will one of these fit my savage x 4.6?? might have to go get one. :)

Yeah it's pretty long. Don't think it would work on a standard length truck. Proline says it's their biggest passenger cab truck body to date.

You can see on the side shot above, that it's pretty much bumper to bumper on my XL!

Members online

No members online now.
Back