I'm at a stand still "Help"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a traxxas, there's your problem.

Dan is right the ez start sounds odd. It's got to be an electrical problem. Maybe the onboard electric motor is shot. I'm no expert as I've never dealt with an ez start system.

Sounds like a bearing in the starter motor. Does the motor turn over cuz it doesn't sound like it.

It also could be the gear on the starter motor spinning. Sounds like metal on metal spinning. I have never taken the 3.3 starter apart so I am just shooting out options.

no motor not turning over and we have replaced the ezstart as well. the ratteling noise you hear in the back ground is my heater so ignor that.

I was just refering to the squeiling. Is there a pin that is missing in the back of the motor that attaches to the Crank and turns in?

If the direction of operation for the OWB is correct, could be some stripped gears in the ez start assy. ez start assy should be easy to take apart.

OWB has arrow faceing the back of the motor with arrow faceing clock wise

is it possible to try and operate the roto with the plate off to see if the motor is turning everything up to the owb slot? Wondering if maybe the electric motor is actually turning the gears. Got a couple of basic question for you, just trying to help narrow down the symptoms to determine the cause:

1. Does the motor turn over easy by hand using either the flywheel or turning the OWB?

2. Was it working properly before maintenance was done?

3. Are the electrical leads on correctly. If I remember right the +(red) lead goes to the top terminal on the motor and the -(black) lead goes on the bottom. Not sure if the motor would work if the leads are backwards, but worth a quick check.

3. Even tho its new, are all the rollers intact inside the owb?

Hope you chase that EZ start gremlin down, I'll post up if I have any more ideas.

Latest posts

Members online

Back