Hpi savage XL with LRP32 not heating to 200 and cutting out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParallelProcessing

i just started the break-in for my LRP ZR32 spec 4 which i fitted in my HPI savage XL. so far, there have only been two problems. firstly, the truck cuts out and stalls if given any significant amount of throttle. any more than maxxed out throttle trim and the engine would sputter and stall, barely making an effort to move. secondly, and more concerning, the engine stays at only about 100 degrees, at least according to my temp gun. it ran like this for 2 tanks at idle, letting it cut out when it ran out of fuel. for the third tank i began to worry so I stuck a heat gun on it, and that was able to keep it at about 190 as long as it was consistently heating the engine. keep in mind i would take my measurements and aim the heat gun right down the center of the heat sink, towards the glow plug. if i took a measurement of 190 down the center of the heatsink, a measurement on the side of the engine would only measure 140. I tried wrapping the engine in foil with no success. any ideas? so far everything else looks good and my exhaust does not leak, like people have suggested is the case with similar situations. thanks!!!

Well you left out some things, high and low needle settings, idle settings. I suggest looking at the nitro engine tuning guides and follow up with updates to this thread...

I have not touched the HSN and LSN, only raising the idle screw by a fair bit. The settings are extremely rich as they should be. There isn't much smoke, although I think that's because I can't get the throttle up much. It does smoke more when I give it more throttle trim, but anything that could get the truck actually moving results in cutoff. I read on a different forum that leaning it off during break-in to get higher temps wouldn't work as it would supposedly mess up the break-in. I should also mention the ambient temps were around 50 degrees.. hope that helps. Thanks for the reply!

Latest posts

Members online

Back