HPi new high speed gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same here, I just recieved mine too. unfortunitely its very snowy here and it may be a while before I can really test it.

Please let us know how it dose if their is a big difference or not. looks like something i might be interested in..

I have the Savage X 2 Speed on my truck, I was curious If I would have to get the 3 Speed Assembled Tranny, or could I use the 3 Speed Kit on my 2 Speed, then upgrade the third gear using this?

I have the Savage X 2 Speed on my truck, I was curious If I would have to get the 3 Speed Assembled Tranny, or could I use the 3 Speed Kit on my 2 Speed, then upgrade the third gear using this?

You can do it either way, its obviously cheaper to get just the upgrade kit. It all depends on how comfortable you are taking your tranny apart.

They mean you have to upgrade your 2 speed to a 3 speed before the new larger 3rd gear will fit.

I have been thinking of going back with a 3 speed. If this turns out good Ill have to look into it.

Wait for the new version gear sets to come out, the ones that are out there now are incorrectly cast/machined and won't install properly.

So I just ordered the 3 speed tranny assembled, and now I have to order this new to make it even faster????

I guess it's a good thing I didn't put it in yet.

Time to do a little shopping

Unfortunately, that's correct. The three-speed (kit or assembled) won't alter your top speed potential, only give you stronger acceleration due to a shorter first gear and the addition of the middle gear. The top gear ratio for the 3-speed is essentially the same as the top gear ratio for the 2-speed. You'll need the UPDATED high-speed third gear set to give your truck that potential increase in top speed.

doesgo is right about the gears being miscast. just spent over two hours grinding 36 tooth gears boss down it is too thick to for clutch to be put back
on. after grinding boss off gear and clutch works fine.

:duh:

doesgo is right about the gears being miscast. just spent over two hours grinding 36 tooth gears boss down it is too thick to for clutch to be put back
on. after grinding boss off gear and clutch works fine.

:duh:

Have you had a chance to run it yet? Wondering how you like it, much more noticable speed?

I got mine installed too, I made a different pin setup and it installed fine, (didn't want to grind it) but haven't run it yet. I will change it back as soon as the new gear comes.

hpi new high speed

Have you had a chance to run it yet? Wondering how you like it, much more noticable speed?

I got mine installed too, I made a different pin setup and it installed fine, (didn't want to grind it) but haven't run it yet. I will change it back as soon as the new gear comes.

have not had a chance to run it yet am going to try and run it this week.

How did u alter the pin hole did u drill it a little egg shaped so the pin can slide in?

Members online

Back