HPI Mini Recon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
I picked up a Mini Recon for my son's bday and I have to say I'm quite impressed with overall value of the truck. Comes with a very nice (by RTR standards) 2.4 radio with AA's, 7.2V pack for the truck, and a few tools and spares. The truck has LOTS of torque and does over 20mph. Spins all four tires on the carpet in my house lol! I picked up a set of RPM brand RC18 wheels and some pin tires for it. I'm thinking the Mini LST wheel hexes may work with it. If they would you could run 2.2 crawler wheels and have some more tire options too. For $100 I think its a great deal! Heck the Rx batt alone would cost $30 at a LHS, and $100 is one part on my Baja lol! I just hope HPI supports it with some decent parts.

I bought one for my brother. When i got it in i had alot of fun with it before i gave it to him! That little thing is a great deal for $100! If you find some option parts for it, let us know!!!

I know man, they really are sweet for the price! So far I know that RC18 wheels and others that don't use a hex (attach straight over the drive pin) will work. I want to pick up some Mini LST hexes and see if I can get them to work with it. I'll post some pics of it and keep this thread updated if I do anything else to it.

Members online

Back