How to adjust the brakes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2StrokesFTW

i need some help on adjusting the brakes on the savage. Dumb of me that i didnt adjust the idle when it has been fully broken in. Today i will adjust the idle and hopefully, adjust the brakes? If they are adjustable. I got a stock savage x4.6 for those of you who don't know

and when adjusting just make sure that when u roll it back and forth that there is no brake drag ,"you can feel it" i replaced the spring on it with a piece of fuel tubing that was just a bit longer then the spring,this way its easier for the servo to "push" the brakes on and it made a fairly big difference...

ohh ok guys, so when i turn that clock wise that tightens it, and makes the brakes hold better, and clockwise loosens it up

Correct and like Shaun said if its still to loose for you take the spring off and use some fuel tubing. IF its still too loose you are probably better off with the ofna throttle/brake mod

well i think i should be fine though lol. I read in the manual that if you don't adjust the idle so that the wheels stop spinning I'm gonna wear the clutch shoes and the brakes out.... So I'm gonna adjust the rod tomorrow. The brakes do hold very well, just doesnt stop in time, if a dog gets in the way for example :ninja:

Just run over the dog if hes to stupid to move thats what i do lol

ohh ok lol, but you know the little small breed dogs, that not only get in its way they chase it too, and the owner is gonna come knocking on my door :vampire: . And Another question so that i don't make another thread, Do i need to run a sock on my head when its about 3 or 4 Degrees Celcius outside?? And what is the minimum temp that i can run without a sock

the Ofna linkage mod. Do a search for it. Or on a stock setup get rid of the spring on the brake adjustment and use a long piece of fuel tubing. Be warned stopping on a dime(Endo's) will wear our your brakes fast.

i replaced the spring on it with a piece of fuel tubing that was just a bit longer then the spring,this way its easier for the servo to "push" the brakes on and it made a fairly big difference...

+1 Get rid of the spring and replace it with a piece of fuel tubing like Shaun said. It makes a huge difference.

i need some help on adjusting the brakes on the savage. Dumb of me that i didnt adjust the idle when it has been fully broken in. Today i will adjust the idle and hopefully, adjust the brakes? If they are adjustable. I got a stock savage x4.6 for those of you who don't know
Hi idid the fuel tube ,and also get a hump pack (full 6v) and check those awkward pads screws ,they give up often,hope this helps.

Hi idid the fuel tube ,and also get a hump pack (full 6v) and check those awkward pads screws ,they give up often,hope this helps.

NECRO!!!

Gotta check the thread dates, this is a couple years old.

Still a data base and most people search out threads like these and never post... Most data is good data. Best way I have found on these for stoppy power brakes is to replace the two screw studs that hold the assembly onto the trans. Use full threaded screws in their place. With them you can adjust the pads to the disks and not ask your servo/linkage to take up the slop. Then hate me for chasing your model caz you flipped it end over end hitting the brakes too hard.

Thanks I'm waiting on a complete ne set of linkage rods,from Hpi,thanks for reply

Latest posts

Members online

Back