First Savage Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyldOne

First Savage Build - Picco .28, Carbon Fiber Bits...

Would have liked to have a story line with my project, but unfortunately it has taken me 6months+ to get to where I am now.

Enjoy!

imgp0756x.jpg

imgp0755okb.jpg

imgp0754ik.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You have some very nice looking parts on the first savage build. Going to be very light when you are finished. Looking forward to more updates and a final weight of your truck once built.

where did you find those CF arms. I remember they use to be around 220 bucks for a full set. Can't remember the who built them.

I would think those arms would be brittle for the pounding they will take.... will be interesting to see how they hold up. for 249.99 a full set I would hope they would be indestructible, or at least have a lifetime warranty...

Yes those are Vantage Racing carbon fiber arms and they are expensive for what they are. Where I'll be driving (my 2.5acre backyard) is relatively flat. Fingers crossed they won't snap lol.

imgp0762k.jpg

imgp0761h.jpg

imgp0760a.jpg

imgp0759a.jpg

imgp0757v.jpg

Do you plan to saddle tank that Picco? Please say no! please, please please ....

Undecided at the moment. I am wanting to do the mid tank mod, but I'm not sure where I'll relocate the throttle/brake servo without modifying the TVP's.

I do like the stock look with all the electronics hidden. Hmmm decisions...

Ya thats the same gasket sealant I use, far as the pullstarts I hate em hate em hate em.... been using a tigerdrive on all my stuff and I just love em. my drill is always ready to crank any engine i have with little effort on my part....

Just took some photos to give you guys an update of where I am ATM.

I am wanting to purchase the HPI Savage suspension Conversion kit, but am having difficulties find the cheapest.
dscf2953vl.jpg

I like this colour scheme on this shell, I think it looks trick.

dscf2947y.jpg

dscf2951e.jpg

dscf2952r.jpg

dscf2957yx.jpg

RPM Savage Flux skid plate. Very happy with this!

dscf2960p.jpg

Futuba 4PL with LiFe battery

Thanks X, I didn't know about them. I think I might have to order the X ones.

Genuine HPI Savage Part - Aluminum Rear Spindle Carriers (86375 & 86384). Very hard to find on their own - I think I purchased the last ever available as no one online has them in stock...

dscf2989zw.jpg

Aluminum Rear Spindle Carrier is stronger and adds more durability. Built-in toes angle also eliminates the need for the stock toe linkage rod assembly for a simple and clean rear suspension.

How my Savage sits now. Haven't finished building yet.

d13e.jpg

Too much camber on the rear tires, think i need shorter upper arms.

b6d3.jpg

4cm off the ground or 1.5" for you yanks.

susr.jpg

fjw3.jpg

yitf.jpg

Need part 86376 for rear hub carrier

I recently mounted my pipe using the Savage XL aluminum exhaust mount and retainer set. The spring was a bit long, so it involved bending and cutting. Looks better than using the piece of wire that ERCM include with the pipe.

ovqh.jpg

gx6w.jpg

Wheres the dirt? That shelf queen is shinier that the hardwood floors its sitting on, lol. Pssst.. The savage is an "off road" model meaning your supposed to hit the dirt.

id ask you how that lrp/pipe combo works but it obviously hasn't been run, let me know when, or "if" you ever fire it up.

Picco and robins pipe... mid tank that or its going to run like poop. Fred go easy on him as it sits its gonna lean out and die and early death. Hes gonna run out to get it dirty before its ready.

Picco and robins pipe... mid tank that or its going to run like poop. Fred go easy on him as it sits its gonna lean out and die and early death. Hes gonna run out to get it dirty before its ready.

I just think its funny that these guys buy the "picco, ERCM pipe, and whatever else their money can buy but they know garbage about, DON'T EVEN RUN THEM, and criticize other models. It's awesome, lol.

I just think its funny that these guys buy the "picco, ERCM pipe, and whatever else their money can buy but they know garbage about, DON'T EVEN RUN THEM, and criticize other models. It's awesome, lol.

Ive not been around to see them criticize others... wondering why you would be a douche in these threads. Have at it and give the noobs what they deserve.

Wheres the dirt? That shelf queen is shinier that the hardwood floors its sitting on, lol. Pssst.. The savage is an "off road" model meaning your supposed to hit the dirt.

id ask you how that lrp/pipe combo works but it obviously hasn't been run, let me know when, or "if" you ever fire it up.

he says at the start of his thread he aint even run it yet, I have no idea what is takin him so long to start it up. but I keep watchin to see :lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back