esc meltdown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angellewalsh

ok i have a flux it is 2 months old,i was running 2 42s 5200mah 2 c lipos and the esc caught fire,and melted.now hpi says to run a 48 or higher LiPo.if it was the batteries that caused this shouldnt it have caught fire right away.i ran this everyday for 2 months ,no problems.the batteries are smc and are not damaged.hpi covered the esc under warranty but told me to change batteries.so now i run 48s 6000mah 2c you think this will be a problem.should i set the punch control at 75% or can i go to 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
angelle, first we're plannin a bash on sat around 1ish if you guys wanna join us.

1. do you have a link to the packs? (I'm not following 48s 6 A 2c.
2. I'm not sure what you mean on teh "48 or higher LiPo" are you talking about current?
3. fire coulda happen if you were pushing the truck & the motor was pushing too hard without enough battery power (current flow) to feed it. I mean its possible that the running conditions were different or somethin.

For example. if you plug a air compressor into a 20a socket it may run fine. Put a 100' extension cord between them & the current will not travel source to work fast enough & motor will over work itself & prolly (well, blow the circuit) but damage the motor.

Latest posts

Members online

Back